[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laptops will obviously be fine, as long as the lot you're on is too complex and you tune your settings to your (V-)RAM amount (eg. no background lots on 2-4GB RAM). The biggest problem (and arguably least solvable) is that we need to decompress all sprites in the game to load them into the GPU, and there's no dynamic unloading right now. It should be possible in future to run the game on low memory devices, at the cost of rotating and zoom taking a little longer to perform.

Rendering can be a little faster, if I implement a few more tricks with the sprite caching. The simulator can be a lot faster (JIT), but that's not a problem right now for clients. (may be an issue for server!)
Thanks for your reply.
Can you give me an idea of what I should be looking at if I want to run the game at 768p 30-40fps and background lots(I want them in my game)
Kind of like minimum requirements to achieve the "goals" above.

PS: Forgot to mention there's Intel HD graphics too. I think the 1gb of V-Ram ralates to the 310M only.

The current setup is playable at 60 with stutters while scrolling on Intel HD Graphics 4600. (with those 3 surround lots). I have not tested more extreme conditions yet.

Generally graphics cards support a kind of "virtual memory" system, though this is kind of limited and may result in unmanaged crashes if the pool is too small. Intel HD has a limited sized pool, so right now it can crash if you load all rotations and zooms of the marshmallow bear lot i'm showing right now (above our max object limit target, many unique objects). When this lot is in the background, however, objects that are indoors are not loaded, so there is nowhere near as much of an issue.

Wow, I'm amazed at how close this looks to being finished!

How much longer now do we think?

Still a few important main features to get to. Roommates, onlinejobs, lot categories, and a lot of failsafes to handle the worst case scenarios for many things.

@RHY3756547
i have make a bhav patch for teleporter(TS1 format) of fixes pets get in/get out animations,are you interested in merge into your FreeSO?
di-HCLK.jpg

check out this for test it:http://simblesseoblige.com/viewtopic.php?p=103559#103559

Last edited:
I noticed when trying to use the Thumbhammer Bench, crafting table , it says there is not room in your inventory. Does this mean that it will work properly when inventory is enabled? Also the costume trunks, I'm hoping when it's all said and done, they will work too :D

Costume trunks use some un-implemented suit functionality and an EOD. Purchasable outfits need an incredibly complex pair of EODs, but less work has to be done to the vm and server to support them.

Crafting table doesn't work right now, since I haven't implemented the inventory primitive.

@francot514 The error message I got when harvesting from your Insta-Plot Victory Garden seems to indicate that Primitive 51 is "change_suit_or_accessory" in TSO (assuming I understand the debugging message correctly)

EDIT: Correction - I wasn't understanding the debugging message correctly :) It wasn't listing Primitive 51 as associated with "change_suit_or_accessory", but NODE 51. Simple (but weird) coincidence.

Last edited:
The inventory primitive in TSO is diferent than one used in TS1 (Manage Inventory)??
A little bit, I think they are similar in concept but inventory was added a bit later in TS1 than it was in TSO. They likely modelled it around the TSO format.

Rhys is a great worker. Without it, we lost TSO could not revive him and those who came not to play, never would experience. It is the best installment of the Sims saga (in my opinion) and very much appreciate all your effort and dedication to this project

Rhys is a great worker. Without it, we lost TSO could not revive him and those who came not to play, never would experience. It is the best installment of the Sims saga (in my opinion) and very much appreciate all your effort and dedication to this project
I wouldn't call it an installment, more like a spin-off since it's very different from the normal Sims games :p

I wouldn't call it an installment, more like a spin-off since it's very different from the normal Sims games :p
True, it is quite different from a normal sims, but it works very similar and that makes seeing another sims out there and be someone else, make the game more interesting and unpredictable. It's great.

I concur. This guy has been FAR better than the past fools (fools is the nice word). I've been following this project in multiple incarnations now for years and this is the closest and best we've ever got. In the past I remember some guy uploading a fake patcher that was like built out of flash or something. I'm not gonna bring that stuff up lol.

2016-08-10_23-45-25.gif

Build #339 adds accurate walls cutaway. Windows hide with cutaway, but doors do not yet hide due to potential graphical bugs.
There are also some small issues with windows partially hiding that are not present in the original game. You must use walls up to reliably use build mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back