[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noice!

In quickie testing I did get an error (System.IndexOutOfRangeException...) and crash when I click on a window while in buymode, though. (No issues in build or live mode)
I copied over the old install (rather than starting fresh), have user-patches and custom objects installed, and was on a lot that uses most of those objects so it is entirely possible my game's just a bungle.

Nice catch, didn't notice that one. The problem was that there was no bounds checking on the cutaway object's position, so it got confused when it tried to access the wall on its tile (out of world).

2016-08-11_16-37-14.gif

Right click follow, fixes to the bugs outline above, more minor improvements in new build.
Just now realized this was my gif xD

I concur. This guy has been FAR better than the past fools (fools is the nice word). I've been following this project in multiple incarnations now for years and this is the closest and best we've ever got. In the past I remember some guy uploading a fake patcher that was like built out of flash or something. I'm not gonna bring that stuff up lol.
I think like you. I played The Sims Online and was following all projects that existed until proved false. I'm super happy with FreeSO and more excited, eager to play again in the final version

I also have been wanting to play the sims on my Note 4. I have actually been diggin around some other websites that show that you can download another OS to ur android phone (for example Windows XP) and run 32 or 64 bit programs from there. I have been meaning to do it but due to missing drivers i'd rather not risk stalling or bricking my phone in some way at least until I know I'll be satisfied and can still use it as a phone on the other boot.

It'll be better this way - running windows x86 on an ARM device (andriod, ios) generally involves a really slow emulator like Bochs or QEMU, which can't really play the original TSO let alone FreeSO. Our engine natively compiles to ARM via Mono's ahead of time c# compilation.

It'll be better this way - running windows x86 on an ARM device (andriod, ios) generally involves a really slow emulator like Bochs or QEMU, which can't really play the original TSO let alone FreeSO. Our engine natively compiles to ARM via Mono's ahead of time c# compilation.
Oh okay, I was just retelling what I had seen on some post on Reddit but I could understand as to why it would be a big complication. Again I dont know much about computer stuff only the simple stuff but if we could play the Sims on our cell devices that would be amazing and really would make my whole day better :D:D Hope everything is going well with everybody and that we all see each other later in game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back