Status
Not open for further replies.
Vladimir-Putin-Clapping.gif

glad you noticed it by yourself just right now... :rolleyes:
You stupid nut lmao

upload_2016-9-11_4-15-29.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

Added bounds for lot based on lot size level. Bounds affect where objects/architecture can be picked up, placed and modified.
User initiated commands cannot modify:
  • Objects partially or fully out of bounds.
  • Objects in use. (weird definition here. must check all avatar stack frames for callee objects, and "Occupied" flag)
  • Object contains Avatar. (alt: object contains object cannot be deleted)
  • Invisible objects (you should not be able to see them to select them).
  • Out of World objects.
Lot sizing is in but the commands aren't there yet. The UI and backend is there, just gotta set up the net commands.

upload_2016-9-11_4-19-52.png
Same for this stuff.

Last edited:
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

BuildableArea panel in house Mode gets a facelift to support upgrading both the size and number of floors on your lot. (also some new numbers to make luxury more expensive ;) ) Working on functionality now. Pink pixels will be fixed shortly.

I don't remember requiring Roomates for bigger lots before... I had a full size lot by myself. :/

Fixed the bugs in this video (sounds playing too frequently, not at all, UI issues), but it's still pretty funny. It's up to the lot owner how ridiculous their settings are.

unknown.png

Also this works now. Next up likely trying to fix issues with disconnecting while on a lot (race condition caused by city/lot dc at same time), and roommates.

Would people be able to put all the sounds on at the same time in the original game?
Progress is looking good :D

It's looking awesome, i love the smooth zoom effects. Can't wait for the first release, which doesn't seem to be too far away.

The client connection lifecycle is now pretty much complete, meaning that you can freely disconnect, reconnect and kick yourself out of your account without any major issues. Maybe it should cause the initial connection to wait a bit longer and display a dialog while it waits for the target to leave lot.

Much better than before, where before joining a lot and leaving the game doomed your character to never be played again until the server was restarted.

Admittedly, it may be because your server only had two sims logged in at once, but as someone who used to dual box TSO, your server is more in sync with the local client than EA's server was. The sims' absolute positions and sounds were synchronized between both open clients. That was NOT the case with TSO. Well done.

The dishwasher audio bug is one of my favorites—I'll be really sad when it's finally fixed.

The zooming is incredibly smooth af as Hiary Benson. Well done.

#SROG

very excited to see the lots don't have to be gray nothingness anymore. Island lots are going to be cooler now. I like the added UI for expanding the lot sizes, very glad that the ambient sounds got implemeted too, imissed hearing those :) Surprised how well the server is coming along as well!
Very glad to see so much progress in a relatively short amount of time lately, thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into this project rhys. Keep it up!

unknown.png

Multiple lots open at once, cos I didnt really show this before. Right now running at 1-2% cpu for both of these lots, and there are still optimisations to be made for routing, placement collision and room map generation.

I've cleaned up the connection lifecycle a lot more, and it's considerably easier to switch lots. It's also really fast and has a cool animation. :cool:

unknown.png

WIP for roadless lots.

unknown.png

Multiple lots open at once, cos I didnt really show this before. Right now running at 1-2% cpu for both of these lots, and there are still optimisations to be made for routing, placement collision and room map generation.

I've cleaned up the connection lifecycle a lot more, and it's considerably easier to switch lots. It's also really fast and has a cool animation. :cool:

unknown.png

WIP for roadless lots.
Amazing work, can't wait to see the end product, is there a list of things to show whats new in this version by any chance once the global server is up and running? Would love to know what is different to the old TSO and what new exciting plans are being put in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back