Bug : Dish washer SFX keeps "clicking" each time used

Taronyu

Hello everyone,

Here is a bug I have since the beginning : everytime a Sim uses the dishwasher, the "door opening" click sound loops instead of being played once.
Using a dish washer therefore results in a looping CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK until it has finished washing the dishes. The clicks overlap with the next SFX sounds, until the last one "dishwasher stopping" end.

I have this on both my desktop and laptop. This happens on every lot (including the restaurant job lots) and any dishwasher model.
The dishwasher seems to be the only object I encountered having the first SFX looping abnormally until the last SFX ends.

The game is at the latest version available on the Sunrise Crater city server (beta 55c), launched from the FreeSO launcher.
Game played in Window mode, with 3D OpenGL, both in Windows 7 x64 and 10 x64. This issue occurs since I started playing a few days ago.

What could I do to help solving this issue? I can add more technical information or testing on request. This does not prevent playing normally, but does spoil the experience each time Sims finish eating put their plates in this appliance.

I thank you in advance for your help.

It is a bug at the moment. Rhys is working on it to get it fixed eventually (someone else is welcome to fix it). I forgot what it was caused by, (might be MonoGame or something else)

It's caused by incomplete sound emulation. The Sims 1 and TSO have a weird ruleset regarding looping that I haven't completely figured out yet... I will get to it eventually, but it has always been far down my priority list (this aspect of sound emulation has only changed once since sounds were first implemented - a lot more things used to loop like this)

Both sound engines are identical - the content reading is slightly different though. There are a few fields in both that are not being respected.

Its nice to know that I wasn't the only one experiencing this.Thank goodness it eventually stops.

This bug is known. Hope it gets fixed... the dishwasher is an object almost every sim uses and it drives me nuts.
I tell people to change to sinks, and actually, a sim using a sink to wash a dish id a quicker animation.

Yes, stack of dishes can be washed in a sink.
The reason people refuse to use sinks is because they refuse to put in bathroom sinks [insert major eye rolling here] so Sims would try to come to the kitchen sink and wash hands.

Back