exclusive fullscreen

camranbant

hi, im looking for the exclusive fullscreen option but cant find it, setting windowed=false in config.ini and changing the resolution there only makes it borderless fullscreen. 800x600 -f start parameters also do the same thing.

Press Alt + Enter to enter fullscreen. I have to do this every time I start FreeSO.
Many games now support Alt + Enter. It is becoming almost the equivalent to Alt + Tab.
Pressing Alt + Enter when in fullscreen makes the application become windowed again.

FreeSO currently does not offer any kind of exclusive/hardware fullscreen. As mrpenguinb mentioned though, you can use alt+enter to switch between borderless fullscreen and windowed mode.

The game window also likes to stay the size of your display when exiting fullscreen so you'll want to use windows key and a directional arrow to make the window snap somewhere, making the title bar clickable.

i am aware of borderless fullscreen but that wasn't what i wanted, i was looking to play in 800x600 without switching my desktop res before starting the game

Last edited:
i am aware of borderless fullscreen but that wasn't what i wanted, i was looking to play in 800x600 without switching my desktop res before starting the game
To set the resolution to 800x600 (or 1024x768 etc) you must edit the config.ini file located where FreeSO is installed.
By default FreeSO should be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeSO\
In the Content folder, there should be the config.ini file.

To set the resolution to 800x600 (or 1024x768 etc) you must edit the config.ini file located where FreeSO is installed.
By default FreeSO should be installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeSO\
In the Content folder, there should be the config.ini file.
i had already tried that in the OP and that's not what i was looking for

Back