FreeSO on iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about jailbreaking my iPhone but I just got it back due a lock out. How ever I'm testing with Rhys if it can run on a non jailbroken iDevice which is in my place an iPhone 6

What first folder?

So now UWP port? Damn :(
I think it's about my signature. Inside joke, hard to explain.

I do realize that I'm the only person to care about UWP and I don't even enjoy playing games on my phone. Just had to ask anyway.

Last edited:
I think it's about my signature. Inside joke, hard to explain.

I do realize that I'm the only person to care about UWP and I don't even enjoy playing games on my phone. Just had to ask anyway.
Nah you're definitively not the only person to care about UWP :p

This really makes me wish I could Jailbreak my iPhone 4S. It also really sucks because I have like 5 android devices and even a Windows Phone but not a Jailbroken iOS device.

Also if you ported FreeSO does that mean its possible to port The Sims 1 or is this simply because of the custom code that runs for FreeSO?

This really makes me wish I could Jailbreak my iPhone 4S. It also really sucks because I have like 5 android devices and even a Windows Phone but not a Jailbroken iOS device.

Also if you ported FreeSO does that mean its possible to port The Sims 1 or is this simply because of the custom code that runs for FreeSO?
There's an android version + I doubt a 4s could run this.

There's an android version + I doubt a 4s could run this.
You're right, my bad. I'm still wondering if the normal sims can be ported as well (like if its possible I'm not asking the team to do that). I just have no clue if its the FreeSO code or just the whole game being ported.

You're right, my bad. I'm still wondering if the normal sims can be ported as well (like if its possible I'm not asking the team to do that). I just have no clue if its the FreeSO code or just the whole game being ported.
I'm not rhys but I think this is possible because his engine is rebuilt and it's running on monogame which supports many platforms. Then, sims 1 is running on whatever lol but you'd have to rebuild it to put it on the more platforms I think- or just a lot of modification :p

The Sims 1 can run on our engine with some modification. Some of the primitives are different, and there are some additional features (neighbours, job data, special areas)

Here's a full checklist:
https://github.com/RHY3756547/FreeSO/issues/28
Nice to see you guys working on that as a side project almost, although it's probably short and going to be ported really quick once you get through all the bugs I'm sure I'll make lots of people really happy and excited! (Including me).

Hello everyone, I've been fighting recently with Xamarin.iOS, Mono AOT and OpenGL ES to get FreeSO working on phones, as a point of interest. It has been a great success!
IMG_3521.PNG

This has been modded into the old-net version of the game without the global server, but will be ported shortly. The global server will launch with an iOS port alongside it, as well as improved support for Linux and MacOS.

Apart from some random bugs occurring because I'm stupid, it's pretty usable. The UI now scales up on smaller screens on demand.

VIDEO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6a8oLQAWXajY0ZOMkdwMG5wbTg/view

FAQ:
Where can I get a build?
I will probably release an IPA soon, when there is some way to load the files onto your phone without SSH. I'll post instructions with that. As for when the global server rolls out, I'll find some way to shoehorn the build bot into doing my bidding.

What specs does my phone need?
Right now it is not cheap. 2GB RAM boots into freeso.ml but encounters severe issues. That's iPhone 6S and above. I would recommend 2GB RAM for when we get to the global server too. Some work will need to be done to improve this figure. Hi-Res uncompressed sprites aren't cheap!

Will this work with non-jailbroken devices?
Right now, the game is reading the TSO files from var/private/mobile/Documents/. It is normally impossible to place content in this location. However, in future I can make it so that the app downloads the content into it's friendly, sandboxed folder, using some of JDRocks' installer code or my own if it comes to it.

To install the game without the app store, you will need to use a tool called Cydia Impactor. I think it means you can only keep the app on your phone for a week at a time, but I'll look into it later.

Will this work on Android?
If I knew how android worked, and had a real device to test, I might care. Do I need to use Xamarin to build android apps? Does that mean I need to off myself run the simulator in my mac VM?
Hello, will this be available on iOS?
Hello everyone, I've been fighting recently with Xamarin.iOS, Mono AOT and OpenGL ES to get FreeSO working on phones, as a point of interest. It has been a great success!
IMG_3521.PNG

This has been modded into the old-net version of the game without the global server, but will be ported shortly. The global server will launch with an iOS port alongside it, as well as improved support for Linux and MacOS.

Apart from some random bugs occurring because I'm stupid, it's pretty usable. The UI now scales up on smaller screens on demand.

VIDEO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6a8oLQAWXajY0ZOMkdwMG5wbTg/view

FAQ:
Where can I get a build?
I will probably release an IPA soon, when there is some way to load the files onto your phone without SSH. I'll post instructions with that. As for when the global server rolls out, I'll find some way to shoehorn the build bot into doing my bidding.

What specs does my phone need?
Right now it is not cheap. 2GB RAM boots into freeso.ml but encounters severe issues. That's iPhone 6S and above. I would recommend 2GB RAM for when we get to the global server too. Some work will need to be done to improve this figure. Hi-Res uncompressed sprites aren't cheap!

Will this work with non-jailbroken devices?
Right now, the game is reading the TSO files from var/private/mobile/Documents/. It is normally impossible to place content in this location. However, in future I can make it so that the app downloads the content into it's friendly, sandboxed folder, using some of JDRocks' installer code or my own if it comes to it.

To install the game without the app store, you will need to use a tool called Cydia Impactor. I think it means you can only keep the app on your phone for a week at a time, but I'll look into it later.

Will this work on Android?
If I knew how android worked, and had a real device to test, I might care. Do I need to use Xamarin to build android apps? Does that mean I need to off myself run the simulator in my mac VM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back