French translation

Qwenzy44

Hello I am looking for a patch of game in French, if someone has one it would be kind enough to share it please?

Someone one day might be motivated to do so in his free time... ;)
It isn't like something is being attempted right now, is it?

Early_FR_needs.png
Early_FSO_FR_options.png

I have started translating several TSO string files, but I am struggling to get the game to use the french.dir directory I created, to avoid altering the game content. I also take care of removing references to "The Sims Online" to replace them with FreeSO where possible (following the practice of the OpenTTD project there, a clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe).

I am also wondering if many TSO strings are obsolete or unused (Family related string, Tutorial stuff, for example), so I am attempting to focus on the main files for the moment, in order to offer ASAP a quality translation for the GUI.

Does some experienced people have recommandations there to test in amore practical way newly translated strings or to change the game's language?

Last edited:
Despite having replaced the files inside english.dir (after isolating the originals), I still have most strings in English, including the Login screen that I've translated. Only some generic buttons seem translated now.

How am I supposed to enable the use of my translated strings in game? I have translated the game UI camera controls and Build mode tools, yet they are still in English in game despite replacing the files...

Back