Game Isn't Launching w/ OpenGL Option

Hello,

My game does not launch with OpenGL selected. I can launch with DirectX option.

When I have "OpenGL" graphics mode selected and click "Play" in the FreeSO launcher, "FreeSO (32 bit)" does open as a background process in Task Manager and stays around 27MB of ram and 0.1% CPU (3.5 GHz). I have left it on for over 10 minutes with no change in stats. I have deleted all FreeSO files & TSO files and tried reinstalling with the complete installer and also tried re-installing FreeSO launcher while still getting the same results. I have not changed the default installation destinations, and I launch FreeSO Launcher from the original created Dekstop Shortcut from the FreeSO Launcher installation. No errors pop up, nothing visually happens.

Currently running on:
Windows 10 Home 64bit
i7-3770k 3.5 GHz
16GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM
Nvidia GTX 970 Driver Ver. 385.41 (latest)

P.S. What are the advantages in running in OpenGL vs. DirectX? Will I notice any visual/performance differences? Would it make 3D Mode work/look any better?

OpenGL mode is much slower compared to DirectX in 3D mode, while OpenGL is more accurate Directx is speedier. There is almost no reason to use OpenGL mode besides avoiding some audio glitches (happens in DirectX mode when minimizing the game window) or getting cursors to draw correctly in-game. It is also better to use OpenGL when utilizing the Volcanic IDE

Back