Not open for further replies.

RHY3756547

FreeSO Developer
Staff member
Android
Download the APK
You can download the development APK from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12239448/FSODroid.FSODroid-Signed.apk
In future this will be build with the build bot.

Install the APK onto your phone using the standard method.
You will need to redo this step for subsequent updates until the game hits Google Play. Most APK loaders will let you replace apps without replacing their content, so you will likely not need to run the installer again for future updates.
iOS (WIP)

Download the IPA

You can download the IPA from here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12239448/FreeSO.ipa

Use Cydia Impactor to install the IPA on a non-jailbroken device
http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/
Instructions are there. Basically, connect your phone and drag the IPA onto the application.

Unified Installer (after previous step)

Install TSO on your iPhone
To do this, you must have TSO installed on your desktop computer. Go to where it's installed, (C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\") and highlight "TSOClient" and "TSOPatch". You want to send them to a compressed zipped folder, which will be called "The Sims Online.zip" and contain these two folders.

upload_2016-8-23_17-28-35.png

Download Mongoose Free 6.5 from here:
https://www.cesanta.com/products/binary
Place the file in the same folder as your The Sims Online.zip. Run the application and allow it through your firewall. It should open a web browser with the IP you want to use on your phone (with port)

upload_2016-8-23_17-23-23.png

Enter your ip : port, tap RETURN (temporary requirement to make keyboard disappear). The game will download and extract. Probably.

Updates will be posted on this thread, such as a fix for iPad retina and touch scrolling.

Last edited:
The good news is that, after re-signing the .ipa file with my own developer account and letting Xcode handle the installation, it doesn't fail to install anymore and the app runs the downloading process perfectly! However, after it downloaded all the TSO files, it just crashes every time I'm launching the app, even loading the files onto my iDevice via iTunes File Sharing ends with the same result, so it seems like it downloads and extracts the files correctly, but whatever it is supposed to do after that just fails...

I tested this on 4 Devices: iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.3.3, iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10 and 2 iPad Pro's (both the 9.7 and the 12.9 inch versions) also running iOS 10

I don't know why it would crash, it works for Womsy. It's likely some operation that isn't valid outside Jailbreak. Does the installer UI work on iPad and pals?

The installer might freeze at 99% while decompressing the files. Did you leave it on while that was happening?

I'll soft un-jailbreak my phone to check if the game still boots here.

iOS 4.1.2 is pretty much a relic at this point. The game needs to load a ton of sprites and like 4x2 screen size + buffers. There's no support for texture compression yet.

@Tirea did you use the FreeSO4 version above? The first few versions weren't installing the game right.
Yes, I tried the first FSOiOS.ipa that you posted and then I tried both version 3 and 4.
Unfortunately I'm on a business trip for a few days so I don't know if I can tinker with it a little more, but I'll definitely try some more and see if I can get this to work!

My experience on Android, Samsung Galaxy S5 ( http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphones/galaxy-s/SM-G900FZKABTU )

Installing:
The game installed with no problems following all the steps correctly, just had a tough moment when deleting stuff to free some space for the installing process Sigh.
3,1 GB were enough to let the Installer extract the ZIP of the game. A tip for everyone: remember to clean up your The Sims Online.zip from FreeSO Launchers and all the other User stuff before uploading to the phone! Plus pay attention for an evening to your phone cause if it goes in sleepmode you'll have to delete game's data and redo the process all over again cause the game will crash.

Playing:
Had no problems to go through the CAS screen even editing a bit the sim (Making the sim look more like Hillary). Keyboard input works flawlessy. No problems loading my House_00.xml that was a little lot i forgot i was working on (64x64, pretty furnished). Couldn't get into FreeSO.ml for obvious reasons :p (lot is heavy) although the Sim spawned in the server ( i was checking with my PC freeso opened).

Problems:
Very little lag because my phone comes from 2014 but still the game is playable. From time to time the app crashes but very hardly ever.

Overall experience: GOOD
The game was nice to try on my phone and the UI Zoom made sure i could enter lot and test a bit. Input methods are nice, except 2 fingers scroll that will be soon changed so that's no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back