iOS and Android port? The Sims 1 Vanilla?

Noel

Title says it all, gods work is being done here as is but Im curious if its capable of reimagining a game from the past wouldnt it be possible to port a reimagining of the original core game into a mobile phone version. The sims freeplay and the sims 3 mobile just doesnt cut it for me. Graphics are attempted to equal that of the game it represents so the sims 3 looks so bad and vanilla is bad as well
Also I hated the idea of real time gameplay
The sims was meant for the player to command the sims and work to ease their lives. At the players convenience.
A yes or no will suffice, a detailed answer as to why yes or no is even more apprecisted.

It's possible, less so for iOS because of apple's restrictions. Emulators are on the android play store - I don't see why a Sims 1 engine shouldn't be. :)

On iOS you would have to either be jailbroken, side load the app (iOS 9+) or you need a developer account enrolled in the ADP.

I actually thought a lot about rewriting TS1 to fix OS X support since the original version doesn't run on OS X Lion and above, which got me thinking about creating a port for iOS, but due to the AppStores restrictions I never worked on the iOS port...

side load the app (iOS 9+)
This is an interesting concept, but it needs a mac and Xcode unfortunately. It's also hard for any normal person, would have been nicer if they just let anyone install unsigned binaries from iTunes, but it makes sense why that isn't possible.

This is an interesting concept, but it needs a mac and Xcode unfortunately. It's also hard for any normal person, would have been nicer if they just let anyone install unsigned binaries from iTunes, but it makes sense why that isn't possible.
Allowing anyone to install unsigned binaries would have open the door for piracy.
I'm surprised no one found a way to use sideloading for piracy (yet)!

Another possibility would be to use a real developer certificate and a tool like iFunBox (both available on Windows and Mac). There are tones of websites that "sell" those certificates to people who want to install cracked apps on iOS. You can use any real developer certificate to re-sign any .ipa file you can get your hands on.

Considering there would ever be a version of FSO for iOS, I'd gladly sign that .ipa for anyone.

It's obviously not as straight forward as with Android but you don't necessarily need the AppStore to install Apps and you can install any app that isn't allowed on the AppStore via some form of workaround.

It's obviously not as straight forward as with Android but you don't necessarily need the AppStore to install Apps and you can install any app that isn't allowed on the AppStore via some form of workaround.
Android is about as simple, actually. As long as you have USB debugging enabled (developer options), you can send an adb command to install the built APK with no problems, but you need to install USB drives for your device (for me, it was pretty easy since I have Google devices. From what I hear it's just as easy on Sony & HTC devices) but that doesn't take much time at all.
(The command would be "adb install FreeSO.apk" for those wondering).

Sorry for bumping this though.. But actually if we manage to get freeso on IOS, would it also be possible to port The Sims 1 Complete Collection to iOS? the specs should handle it just fine, but it's a complex thing.. Am I right?

Felt the urge to bump again, any news on this matter? What sort of emulator would be required to run the sims 4 engine. Would a modern Samsung phone such as the S8 be capable of running it? My current phone has 4gb of ram and an octacore processor. Obviously the OS is not equal to that of Windows or Mac but how does one go about building an emulator for such an engine? I realize they are different from FreeSO's predecessor engine. This is something I've been interested in since I was 12 years old and touchscreens just started to become a thing.

I would say the S8 could run The Sims 4, but I'm not going to develop that personally.

Back