It's Official, Sound Broken for some

Clonest

Soo i went back and tested every older version of the game there was and almost pinpointed exactly when my game started having more crashing issues every other update until it finally started working smooth, but then at some point started running mute all the time, It's somewhere Between Build 300 and 305, ironically these versions are at the same time Rhys started to make changes that default the game to DX soundcard settings and ditched the old sound requisites that need installing(openAL or OL was it?) needed to make the game boot successfully in the first place. It still always goes mute in whatever the current build is that I try, I get sound using the "-dx" command but despite that fixing the sound at the creation menu, it always crashes afterward. Yet build 299 seems to still work fine, surprise surprise. So Looks like i know part of the issue here, now how am I gunna get this thing running again!?! borrow some files from the older versions back when it still worked with ol or whatever it was called? Re-install my entire sound card? :confused:

Last edited:
I have no idea what is up withyour sound configuration, and am completely unable to fix it because of this.

What's a graphics sound card? I need one of those.
In all seriousness, I do think that your GPU might need an upgrade if you crash using DX (depending on what it is). Sound cards haven't been used by most people since like, 2005 because the CPU can just do it now - and with the introduction of multiple cores, it's super cheap for the CPU.

What's a graphics sound card? I need one of those.
In all seriousness, I do think that your GPU might need an upgrade if you crash using DX (depending on what it is). Sound cards haven't been used by most people since like, 2005 because the CPU can just do it now - and with the introduction of multiple cores, it's super cheap for the CPU.
Your right I meant to just say sound card, my GPU is fine, i've upgraded everything on my PC about a month ago except the core, and a Quad Core should still be more then enough to run this game, hell the game was still working fine after the upgrade but at some point, everything went all mute. How can it be my fault if the older builds before 300 still have sound and run fine!?! Guess I'm going to have to play around with my default speaker(SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY)settings some more all cus someone decided to change further builds to default to DX Sound or Direct sound all a sudden, DirectX soundcard? whatever it means.

Last edited:
I have no idea what is up withyour sound configuration, and am completely unable to fix it because of this.
I don't suppose this could have anything to do with having 64-bit windows now and the difference on where it sticks the OpenAL32.dll? I mean I checked and it puts the correct .dll file in each windows system folder, one for 32 and another for WOW64 so no luck there, or is installing OpenAL suppose to be what the new builds eliminated the need for? :rolleyes:

Back