[New issue--distorted audio]

StardustSapphist

When I make my sim, nothing appears in the blue oval, and the game either crashes there or when I just get to the Sunrise Crater place. No error message pops up, it just crashes. Then when I try again I get a message that the graphic settings have been changed to minimum.
Things I tried:
  • updating
  • disabling 3D
  • OpenGL
  • add -dx to shortcut target
  • -dx11
  • DirectX doesn't work, I just get an error message
  • run as admin
  • click launcher
  • click .exo
  • Miscrosoft .NET repair utility
  • high performance power setting
  • graphics card already updated
I noticed that my FreeSO game is in Program Files and the FreeSO launcher separate in Program Files (x86)

Last edited:
OpenGL lets me get to character making/initial sunrise screen. But this is what happens when I try DirectX on startup.

Attachments

• directx.jpg
    directx.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 6
I gave up trying to get it to work on my laptop and used a desktop computer and got it to work on DirectX. It's almost fine except the audio distorts after playing for ~20 minutes or perhaps when many sims join the lot and doesn't go back to normal even if I got to a less populated lot until I restart it. I mean I can still play it but it's a little annoying lol.

I don't remember what that issue is caused by, I think it might be from the VRAM being full which makes monogame distort things. If you are minimizing the game a lot or for long periods of time (like 5 minutes or more for example) then that would be causing it. (Monogame bug/issue)

Back