Pingu's Igloo Remesh Stash

mrpenguinb

With the new 3D mode for FreeSO successfully implemented by Rhys, I wanted to help remesh by learning Blender (nearly zero knowledge before doing this re-mesh).
I now understand 3D modelling (very basic!) and has been valuable to learn.
I have always wanted to contribute something to the community, this may not be the best way but it is certainly fun trying to figure out how to re-mesh an object! :D

The Sims Online (Might work in TS1 too) - Shower Object - Aluminium:
This shower took a while but without the very talented and useful hands from Michael H, the mesh would not have texture! o_O
The shower model has been in dire need for a remesh, (it looks like spiders have had a field day lol) it should help with some peoples OCDShowerComplete.jpg
Improvements that can be made; anyone is welcome to use this list of improvements/changes if they are re-making an object that I have already done:
-
Lift the shower floor up to the sims feet level
- Use a custom texture
- Make the shower head round instead of square, but it can be either
- Fix the gap that the door has, but it does give it a bit of realism (imo anyway)

Attachments

• ShowerAluminium.zip
    357.6 KB · Views: 71
  • ShowerComplete.jpg
    ShowerComplete.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Painting Warhol - Object
After years of genetic research into how a painting breaths and interacts with our intricate world, the team at M.O.M.I thought it might be time to experiment by making a live painting that could communicate to humans. The testing failed and all we have left is this simple, but complex, but extremely intricately designed painting.... somehow
Space.png
- Spaced out by Warhol
NOTE:
Disable "Texture Compression" in the "Graphics Options" in-game to get the picture to not look like it is messed up.
Improvements that can be made:
- Custom texture (possibly)
- A Fix for texture compression but seems unlikely that anything can be done without compressing textures

Attachments

• Painting - Warhol.zip
    587 bytes · Views: 17
Last edited:
Column Arch Stone Pillar
Some of the bricks are uneven at the moment, and the height isn't right but the object is practically complete! This is my second object that has a UV map done all by myself.
It didn't take too long to make the pillar itself since it is fairly basic.
What would be a welcome addition would be a custom texture as the bricks are very blurry and do not look very nice up-close.
Pillar.PNG

Improvements that can be made; anyone is welcome to use this list of improvements/changes if they are re-making an object that I have already done:
-
Custom texture to fix blurry pixel edges and lines
- Fix pillar height to be actually accurate to what a pillar should be (cut a corner there, whoops)
- Improve on the neck design if needed, the sprite is confusing with that part.

Attachments

• ColumnArchStone.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Game - Rugs - Star - Arrow - Backgammon White - Backgammon Red
These turned out really well, it doesn't make much sense having these tiles 3D but it does give it a cool effect because of it :cool:
The previous triangle count for the red or white was around 9000 each. Now reduced to 25 (less than the star or arrow!!!)
Party%20Time.PNG

Possible Changes:
The textures may be a bit too bright, the arrow's texture is also bleeding a bit so just a bit of tweaking with the UV maps. Other than that nothing needs to be done for these objects.

Attachments

• Game - Rugs.zip
    460.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Back