The game's UI

KaRenis

Is it possible to open the games .dat files and export them as images? Im a big UI addict and the game's UI just triggers me. Id like to edit the images and smooth them out. If its actually possible to edit them then I could also share the files. On sims 2 its was SimPe that did the work but idk about this one.

You could change the UI Textures in the actual The Sims Online executable. But I don't know exactly how, you could use a program to replace the texture/image(s) :D

Yeah I found the files but they're .dat files and I don't really know how to open them.

Edit: Ok so I opened the file with text editor and I found out that it contains several images as .tga and .bmp files. It's like .package files in sims 2 but I doubt that SimPE will be able to open them. Trying to change the file or open them as image files doesn't work. Using Winrar doesn't work either lol

Last edited:
Game files are in farv3 archives - you should be able to find tools to extract and repack these online. Might be harder to find tools to repack farv3, since it was not used for TS1.

Back