The Sims 1 Double Deluxe - UI all messed up.

ChrisNonymous

Okay, so I managed to get The Sims 1 Double Deluxe working in Windows 10... somewhat. Basically, the ui is all messed up, as you can see in this photo. If you're wondering what that big black box is, that's because when I run the game in windowed mode, there's an annoying black box in the middle of my computer that is in front of all apps, which makes it very impossible to see what's happening in the game. Also, when I tried to click a house, the game crashed. :confused:
Help?AH DANGIT.PNG
EDIT: Also, this is what it looks like in fullscreen, and also this is what happens when I click a house:
sad.png

Last edited:
Thats odd, I've tried playing TS1 back on Windows 7 without any issues ages ago, and W10 isn't that much diffrent from it.. Try to run it as Administrator or change the resolution.

I've already been running as admin, that's the only way I could even get the exe to at least run (without the cd and with a certain patch I probably shouldn't speak about here, as playing it using the cd that I have doesn't work due to Windows 10 being Windows 10), but I tried 640x480 from the compatibility thingamajig, and still... no luck.
aw.png
sigh

Found this patch on a forum:
Supposedly, this works on The Sims Deluxe. Can't test it, didn't work for a lot of people, but i think it's worth giving it a try?

Dang. I might need help with that. I have VirtualBox and know how to use it, but I don't think I can easily figure out how to actually use a VM.
I might as well say this but you could possibly use a DirectX wrapper. Its application of use is a bit of a stretch when the issues that you are having are mostly to do with DRM protection....:(

SafeDisc (tells you how to re-enable it on Windows 8.1 at least) https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/ho...-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

Illegal: You can download a no-cd crack for the The Sims Complete Collection but you do so at your own risk.

Last edited:
Dang. I might need help with that. I have VirtualBox and know how to use it, but I don't think I can easily figure out how to actually use a VM.
You'd need to download or buy the OS you want to run... I guess Windows 7 or older in this case. I used VM's a long time ago, but not anymore, so maybe i can't help you a lot with it, but YouTube should be full of tutorials :) I think you just install it like in any other computer.
This is not really THE solution to the incompatibility, but it seems to be the only way right now.

I've just installed The Sims 1 Complete Collection for the sake of this thread on my PC which runs Win10 OS. And i don't have any issues whatsoever.

I have no issues with TS1 at all on Windows 10 apart from the black screen issue on game startup which is easily fixable.

Back