The Sims 4 - Online Multiplayer

Are you interested in multiplayer in The Sims 4?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Nemmeron

Hello people
For those of you who are interested in The Sims 4,
You have to know the game was originally meant to be a multiplayer game.
You can easily check websites telling more about it, for example here, here and here
When the game was not released yet, it was called The Sims Olympus.
Here are some leaked concept videos:
Even the logo was not the same. It was a green plumbob joined by a blue one - representing the online friend, supposed to join you.
You can see the slogan "Play with life... Together."
8641961422_bd0c783637.jpg

You can see, in the following picture, your sim with the traditionnal green plumbob, with his online friends, wearing blue plumbobs.
8640860269_d930457d10_o.png

In early 2014, you could read in the official FAQ:
Will there be an online component to The Sims 4?
There will be additional fun and social gameplay elements for players who choose to go online (more to come on that later on) but the core game is designed to be played offline.It's up to the player to choose how they want to play. You will need an EA/Origin account to install the game. Once installed, you don't need to be online to play.

Many players still think we can get this feature in the future.
Maybe in a future expansion pack or any kind of DLC.

We all hardly want TSO to come back, but TS4 may be interested in mutliplayer, we can give it a chance.
Join the movement and sign the petition on EA official forums HERE
487 players have signed the petition.

Very interesting...I have recently heard all the rumors about how there was supposed to be multiplayer in the base game. Some rumors speculated that the idea was scrapped due to SimCity's failed launch, but I take that with a grain of salt.

Thank you for this information! It will be interesting to see if they add in the option for multiplayer in a future expansion or update.

You're torturing my SOUL with all of these pics!! Keep posting them!!
I admit I become a bit crazy when I watch them.
TS4 gif.gif
(The online petition on EA forum used this gif to promote the co-op.)
ts4 gif coop.gif
Something else I found is someone REALLY played The Sims 4 Olympus and described his experience on his blog.
Ths is the most complete article I found about online on TS4.
---> EVERBORN TUMBLR
I asked him what he thinks about an online expansion pack in the future,
and he said:

I honestly can’t see them adding multiplayer features to The Sims 4 for a while, even though that’s something I’d really love to see.

The Sims 4 seems to be taking a totally different approach than originally intended and I think that developers are making sure to straighten the path of the game to that direction so shifting back to online/multiplayer concepts is kinda shaky in my opinion.

I don’t have the video anymore. The file I had was really large and ate up a lot of hard disk space so I eventually deleted it. It was also too big to upload elsewhere, so I tried to make sure to include all the details in the post.

If they were to add online features, I can see it happening at the end of The Sims 4′s cycle. Online features would cause backlash at this moment, so when all the expansion pack ideas such as seasons, vacation, nightlife, pets, university etc. have been done, they might start experimenting with different features, kinda like The Sims 3′s later expansion packs. I doubt they would have done something like Into The Future early on because that’s not a generally appealing concept in comparison to Ambitions and Late Night.

Thanks for reading! Hope I answered all of your questions :)

Last edited:
Back