The Sims Online FreeSO Intro Video - 1° Try

Very good, The music can be a problem because copyright issues, but also seems some images are from TSO and not actual FreeSO gameplay??

Sorry, but I really don't like the music choice and the Sims 4 like design, it's too simple and bland, and it doesn't really entice me into playing it unlike TSO's trailer where it had a lot more things going on.

Also, the Sims 3 music and Sims 4 graphics ruin the original Sims 1 style for me, TSO is literally based off Sims 1 so it's a little better if you use Sims 1 related content. I like that the houses appear with their roofs and then fade into the gameplay, but there's not much going on, so it just seems a little empty.

Ok, now the "Play with life" tag is really bad... You seriously tagged on a Sims 3 quote? I'm sorry, but this is a big turn off, as it literally makes me think this is a Sims 3 expansion or whatever it could be. Also, the Build their homes tag and the "wall building animation" is so bad... Really, if you going to do footage like that, you should actually SHOW footage of someone building a house, not tack it on, it makes the gameplay look bad and that all you do is build 1 wall and that's your house :S

You also added in a Sims 3 plumbob, like no... This isn't the Sims 3.
The overall feel of the trailer feels like it's a kids game which it isn't, you had to be 18 to play The Sims Online, and if you were 13 - 17 you were forced with parental controls. TSO was sort-of about life as an adult and being somebody else, since you could do everything an adult could in TSO, but this feels like everyone is a kid, and it's a bit boring.

Of course, not everyone will agree with me, but personally, this just isn't a good trailer and seems lazy, Sorry.

Pros
  • Fade into houses
  • A lot of people playing the game, which makes a more social experience.
Cons
  • Not many people talking or doing much. (VERY noticeable in the restaurant.)
  • Too much stuff that's related to Sims 3 and 4 and not Sims 1/Online. (Music, graphics, logo, etc.)
  • Trailer is too short. (Even in the Pre-Alpha trailer for TSO,
    it was 2 minutes long, this is only 39 seconds...
  • Re-using slogans from Sims 3 which ruins the Sims 1/Online feel.
  • Trailer isn't that exciting for me. (I don't feel like the trailer alone would make me hyped for a Sims Online restoration announcement, sure I'd check it out, but it's not really appealing.)
  • Feels like a kids game... (If it WAS a kids game, you wouldn't have woohoo, you wouldn't have vibration beds, etc.)
  • No gameplay other than Live Mode. (Not good...)
  • "Play With Friends" tagline indicates hand-holding... (With TSO, you could be anyone and hang out with anyone, but with this tagline, it feels like the game is best played with a ton of friends, which not everyone has, unfortunately.)
Of course, like I've stated before, not everyone will agree with me, and everyone will have their own opinions. But this is how constructive criticism is supposed to work, people will say things are bad like I did, but it's to help make a much more better trailer. I don't dislike the trailer, but I don't like it either.

Last edited:
What was this made with? Does not not allow you to export resolutions that aren't 4:3, for example the widely used 16:9 ratio? Also, I agree with Blayer - it's a little too basic. It'd be cooler if the TSO trailer was remade for FreeSO almost exactly the same, but in 1080p and with higher quality footage.

Love the Sims 4 style though, I feel the colour scheme is quite modern and you should probably keep that somewhat.

What was this made with? Does not not allow you to export resolutions that aren't 4:3, for example the widely used 16:9 ratio? Also, I agree with Blayer - it's a little too basic. It'd be cooler if the TSO trailer was remade for FreeSO almost exactly the same, but in 1080p and with higher quality footage.

Love the Sims 4 style though, I feel the colour scheme is quite modern and you should probably keep that somewhat.
Well, The Sims Online and so FreeSO actually works with 4:3 ratio, as u can see if u set resolution to 1080 splash screen is adapted and so cutted.

Personally,If people want to make it like the old one,The most noticable comparison would be the graphics. I'd rather save it until the Shading is done.

UbP0iWm.jpg
V6fV0kJ.jpg

The top is The Sims Online
The Bottom is FreeSO

Sorry, but I really don't like the music choice and the Sims 4 like design, it's too simple and bland, and it doesn't really entice me into playing it unlike TSO's trailer where it had a lot more things going on.

Also, the Sims 3 music and Sims 4 graphics ruin the original Sims 1 style for me, TSO is literally based off Sims 1 so it's a little better if you use Sims 1 related content. I like that the houses appear with their roofs and then fade into the gameplay, but there's not much going on, so it just seems a little empty.

Ok, now the "Play with life" tag is really bad... You seriously tagged on a Sims 3 quote? I'm sorry, but this is a big turn off, as it literally makes me think this is a Sims 3 expansion or whatever it could be. Also, the Build their homes tag and the "wall building animation" is so bad... Really, if you going to do footage like that, you should actually SHOW footage of someone building a house, not tack it on, it makes the gameplay look bad and that all you do is build 1 wall and that's your house :S

You also added in a Sims 3 plumbob, like no... This isn't the Sims 3.
The overall feel of the trailer feels like it's a kids game which it isn't, you had to be 18 to play The Sims Online, and if you were 13 - 17 you were forced with parental controls. TSO was sort-of about life as an adult and being somebody else, since you could do everything an adult could in TSO, but this feels like everyone is a kid, and it's a bit boring.

Of course, not everyone will agree with me, but personally, this just isn't a good trailer and seems lazy, Sorry.

Pros
  • Fade into houses
  • A lot of people playing the game, which makes a more social experience.
Cons
  • Not many people talking or doing much. (VERY noticeable in the restaurant.)
  • Too much stuff that's related to Sims 3 and 4 and not Sims 1/Online. (Music, graphics, logo, etc.)
  • Trailer is too short. (Even in the Pre-Alpha trailer for TSO,
    it was 2 minutes long, this is only 39 seconds...
  • Re-using slogans from Sims 3 which ruins the Sims 1/Online feel.
  • Trailer isn't that exciting for me. (I don't feel like the trailer alone would make me hyped for a Sims Online restoration announcement, sure I'd check it out, but it's not really appealing.)
  • Feels like a kids game... (If it WAS a kids game, you wouldn't have woohoo, you wouldn't have vibration beds, etc.)
  • No gameplay other than Live Mode. (Not good...)
  • "Play With Friends" tagline indicates hand-holding... (With TSO, you could be anyone and hang out with anyone, but with this tagline, it feels like the game is best played with a ton of friends, which not everyone has, unfortunately.)
Of course, like I've stated before, not everyone will agree with me, and everyone will have their own opinions. But this is how constructive criticism is supposed to work, people will say things are bad like I did, but it's to help make a much more better trailer. I don't dislike the trailer, but I don't like it either.
Shit, well, what can I say more? nothing I guess because you have said exactly what I thought too!
532a36e91853a18b09de968e738959e2f58bac234a865a1e1b8ba914af5716c2.jpg

Back