What computer models are you all using to play?

rachwhy1

I only have a MacBook Pro right now but plan on buying a relatively inexpensive Windows machine to play FreeSO on... (I don't want to deal with installing windows on my mac).
I have not been able to locate system requirements for the game, so I have no idea what to purchase.
Could you let me know what machines you're all playing the game on successfully?

I have been thinking about an HP notebook or Dell notebook...
Thanks all o_O!!
- Rachel

I'm playing on a GTX 1060 Windforce 2 OC 6GB; i3-6100 3.7ghz; 8GB DDR4 and the game runs buttery smooth at any resolution.
My laptop on the other hand is a completely different experience. Even if I let its i5 CPU run at 2.8ghz it barely maintains 15-20fps on large lots and there's plenty of lag.
World map view is extremely laggy and you can barely move your cursor.
I would suggest an i5 with at least 3.0-3.5 clock speed.
For the GPU I think even the GTX 950M would suffice. You can find it on many budget low/mid-range laptops.

My game runs smoothly on my desktop with these components:

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 ti
CPU: Intel i3 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte, I think
RAM: 8GB DDR3
IMO: If you are looking to run FreeSO with a high frame rate I would recommend getting a decent CPU with a good clock speed. It only has to be dual-core to perform well.
Your GPU
doesn't really matter, just newer than 2010 (Not Intel HD Graphics!)

Please keep in mind that even if your computer is very good in specifications, a single setting in the graphics control panel can make your game really..... sl... ow. (Other people have had the same issue, only very particular settings will make it slow. e.g. options related to screen blanks or refresh rate)

Last edited:
Back