Windows 10 & Installing TSO

bundean

Soooo, I've been watching these forums since day 1 basically and I played the game back in the old days, at the ages of 12. I am now 25, Basically I am having an issue with TSO installing on Windows 10, I can't get the setup to run and I've tried compatibility mode. It flashes up and disappears but I can see it running in Task Mode

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting it to work?

It works on my Windows 7 PC just not my windows 10 laptop

Thanks.

No ideas? Also I can hear the install music playing in the background but just can't access it and it doesn't show up on the task bar down the bottom.

Have you tried the Task View?
I have it installed on my Windows 10 Laptop and Windows 10 Tablet and it works fine. Have you tried switching to it in task manager?

Try creating a shortcut to the setup.exe file, then go to the properties of the shortcut to add -w at the end of the Target outside the quotation marks.
Ex. "C:\The Sims Online Setup Files\Setup.exe" -w
The setup program will run in windowed mode instead of full screen, which should fix your problem.

Still nothing, just flashes up Opening setup, then disappears and just plays the install music in the background. :(

If you have problem installing TSO you can install it on other computer, copy files to your Windows 10 computer and export the registry keys to make the new system, as well as FreeSO, know where the game is installed.

Back