im happy to see chat history.. ie join and leave messages
right now really dont need window with 8 ppl to scroll tho to see whos here
mega host with 30+ on a lot would be nice end feature

While the forum was down I updated the blog with a little teaser:
http://freeso.org/pools-are-coming-soon/

Here are a few more GIFs of it in action:
e6ea7a7fdaa9ad1025a37b97d906facd.gif
6b1396461b1a153162facb16d62a9508.gif

Advanced pool building rules are a little while off, right now you can build and place objects below pools...

This may seem like a huge longshot but would it be possible to import expansion pack objects and careers from The Sims 1 Complete Collection into the Sims Online? (After release) personally I would love to explore a "magic town" with a bunch of other sims and performing magic with others. Obviously this would be highly complex and Im not expecting a yes but that would be amazing to explore :) other than that amazing progress on the game as of this far

This may seem like a huge longshot but would it be possible to import expansion pack objects and careers from The Sims 1 Complete Collection into the Sims Online? (After release) personally I would love to explore a "magic town" with a bunch of other sims and performing magic with others. Obviously this would be highly complex and Im not expecting a yes but that would be amazing to explore :) other than that amazing progress on the game as of this far
Like we have said to zero35... no, that not possible cause it would be a violation of copyright...

It would be possible if we added the requirement of owning The Sims Complete Collection, however that would leave out a ton of people who haven't bought a 12 year old game.. Not that it's impossible, it just won't happen on official servers.

Like I said, it'd be easier to convert TS1 objects to TSO, similar to what people have done porting TSO objects to TS1, now that we have your IDE.

d300485d7b02b72e7eedd6a0375e4ae8.gif

I've completed initial work on the PIFF patch format. This allows us to patch any object in the game with modifications made in the IDE! Right now this only extends to string and tree resources, but soon you will be able to modify basically all chunk types! Above is an example of one such completely useful object modification which was saved to a .piff and automatically reloaded the next time the game was started.

We'll be able to use this to fix bugs with certain objects (such as those you might see in the Terrain Tool which have broken code references or bad strings), add complex features to existing objects and clone existing objects while changing graphics or code (eg. a folded chair reskin that can be picked up by a sim, the limit is really your imagination!) All of this without redistributing any of the original resource, thus all modifications are safe from copyright violations.

Saving to iff directly works too, of course, though I have not set up a way to load arbitrary standalone iffs yet.

The patches themselves use a dynamic programming Longest Common Subsequence algorithm to determine a sequence of add/remove changes to get from one file to another. This algorithm unfortunately has space complexity of O(n^2), so I had to split the difference calculations into individual blocks of size 1kb. (squared that still uses 1MB RAM to run!) I'll look into whether this causes any issues or can be better circumvented in future.

The work won't appear on GitHub until pools are stable.

d300485d7b02b72e7eedd6a0375e4ae8.gif

I've completed initial work on the PIFF patch format. This allows us to patch any object in the game with modifications made in the IDE! Right now this only extends to string and tree resources, but soon you will be able to modify basically all chunk types! Above is an example of one such completely useful object modification which was saved to a .piff and automatically reloaded the next time the game was started.

We'll be able to use this to fix bugs with certain objects (such as those you might see in the Terrain Tool which have broken code references or bad strings), add complex features to existing objects and clone existing objects while changing graphics or code (eg. a folded chair reskin that can be picked up by a sim, the limit is really your imagination!) All of this without redistributing any of the original resource, thus all modifications are safe from copyright violations.

Saving to iff directly works too, of course, though I have not set up a way to load arbitrary standalone iffs yet.

The patches themselves use a dynamic programming Longest Common Subsequence algorithm to determine a sequence of add/remove changes to get from one file to another. This algorithm unfortunately has space complexity of O(n^2), so I had to split the difference calculations into individual blocks of size 1kb. (squared that still uses 1MB RAM to run!) I'll look into whether this causes any issues or can be better circumvented in future.

The work won't appear on GitHub until pools are stable.
NICE
When FreeSO gets released, i make sure i play 24/7 ^^

en9rLnw.png

A format like this that can be freely exchanged but has a tone of potential deserves it's own logo. It's simple but I think it has some character to it.

It would be possible if we added the requirement of owning The Sims Complete Collection, however that would leave out a ton of people who haven't bought a 12 year old game.. Not that it's impossible, it just won't happen on official servers.
Well there goes my hopes and dreams lmao
Darn, well if anything maybe that could be an additive post-release for unofficial servers such as peer-to-peet connections?
And
Like we have said to zero35... no, that not possible cause it would be a violation of copyright...
Forgive me for not having read the entirety of the forum :( I am quite lazy lol but doesnt that raise the question of copyright violations if the game is basically based off of The Sims Online. Please excuse my daftness :confused:
In any case it isnt a problem at all I was just curious. Curiousity may have killed the cat but superstition brought it back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back