[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed a small thing with attributes (they are dynamically allocated in TS1), and begun extending the content system to allow additional objects. Here's a direct import of Slice City:

.eJwFwdsNwyAMAMBdGADbPEu2QQSRqAlG4KgfVXfv3Vc981KbOkTG2gD2cxWeu17CM7eqG3O7ah7n0oVvyCK5HHftsoBsIhvJeETC8PIuALnkKYaYDBqHxqKHp787f7oevanfHwRGIsU.k1qb6upfG-Uc8ycV3YobwXPOZik.png

1290b1bb2b6f3c18f3d9aa6a82b96428.gif
3f4b9458b6ce1f73622f786d9dc414f6.gif
2585d70a66cfc6b6f239544c1485a4ac.gif

(tornados are really buggy and seem to be deleting everything)

Slice City can be found at http://www.simslice.com/freebies/samples-pg1.htm . Note that I will not be including these objects with FreeSO, mostly because their z-buffers are sins to humanity:
d5cce4b1b8ce72f71ccf84661e27187e.gif

Fixed a small thing with attributes (they are dynamically allocated in TS1), and begun extending the content system to allow additional objects. Here's a direct import of Slice City:

Not bad youre alllowing sims 1 custom content support, why not also test the weather machine, that create some cool effects...

I'm not dead! Working non-stop on the IDE. The advanced dynamic content system is almost complete, which will let you track, revert and save any changes made using the program.

upload_2016-2-18_19-43-59.png

Also added an object type selector for Create Object Instance, Set to Next and other things that take object types as parameters:

upload_2016-2-18_20-8-19.png

Everything has been generally tied together and centralised around the main window.

I'll start running the evaluation fairly soon, as things are starting to come together. The initial tasks will likely only involve attempting to modify existing objects to do unusual functions, as new objects and graphics modification are not ready yet. These will be available some time next week. Things are going to get a little hectic from here on out so I won't be able to promise game updates for a while.

I'm not dead! Working non-stop on the IDE. The advanced dynamic content system is almost complete, which will let you track, revert and save any changes made using the program.

View attachment 1295

Also added an object type selector for Create Object Instance, Set to Next and other things that take object types as parameters:

View attachment 1296

Everything has been generally tied together and centralised around the main window.

I'll start running the evaluation fairly soon, as things are starting to come together. The initial tasks will likely only involve attempting to modify existing objects to do unusual functions, as new objects and graphics modification are not ready yet. These will be available some time next week. Things are going to get a little hectic from here on out so I won't be able to promise game updates for a while.
That's such great news :D I can wait for the next update. From what I'm understanding the game will begin to look a bit more like the original (I know this may not be the most elaborate of questions lol) like will there be an inventory thingy or friends list? I'm really dimwitted when it comes to this technical stuff. But that doesnt stop me from being amazed at all your hard work Rhys and company!;)
But for someone as slow as me, what does it mean for an average player that they can soon be able to track, save and revert any changes to the programs panties?:p or is it a more programmer engineered update?

The recent updates will be geared completely towards object developers, though people who are not programmers will likely be able to translate object strings, modify sprites (soon) and probably even change scripts around a little.

The recent updates will be geared completely towards object developers, though people who are not programmers will likely be able to translate object strings, modify sprites (soon) and probably even change scripts around a little.
AH fantastic! That makes it a whole lot simpler for me, thanks again for ur reply! You're doing Gods work here!

upload_2016-2-19_0-26-28.png
Exporting strings separately for translation purposes.

Now exports to a "User" folder by default, which "overwrites" the patches in the normal folder without overwriting them, if you know what I mean...
So you can delete the ones in your User/ folder and get back to the set distributed with FreeSO. If you want the changes to be permanent you can move the files to Patch/ manually.

<offtopic> SimSlice :eek: I have bought an account there to buy the weather machine and the login doesn't work :mad: </offtopic>

Great work on the IDE!

I'm surprised they haven't released all that stuff for free. I bought the weather machine back in the day, but it's a relic by now.

It looks like they have abandoned it some time ago. I have opened dispute on the paypal to get the money back and if they doesn't respond by this Monday, PayPal will check it out.

Probably some PayPal API has changed and their website doesn't receive logins/passwords :oops:

The recent updates will be geared completely towards object developers, though people who are not programmers will likely be able to translate object strings

Still missing primivities, i think those will be need for change the objects functions??

I'm surprised they haven't released all that stuff for free. I bought the weather machine back in the day, but it's a relic by now.
Yes, also im not able to get this download anymore..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back