[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
12925d27feaf7e270b4ff206167053e3.gif

unknown.png

It gets ingame, but for some reason the new and improved sim net join command isn't working.

More WIP. Some small issues involving incorrect avatar ID, but it works for the first time!!!

https://vid.me/HEBi

Credit to @ddfczm for the entire framework. Should make the rest of this much easier than it could have been!
Remembers me of the first play test of freeso xD it's like things are missing what is now missing after all we saw that joining a lot is now possible?

Not bad
More WIP. Some small issues involving incorrect avatar ID, but it works for the first time!!

Credit to @ddfczm for the entire framework. Should make the rest of this much easier than it could have been!

The video is from him?? good progress for the cityserver, still missing the lot thumbnails. XD

They're from my extensions to his code.

e9acb45cf2c9f666d779444bc33e2ac6.gif

City struct now broadcasting correctly to clients (lots shown are the two real ones on the server, with added spotlights for effect). Works in FreeSO and TSO. NearView thumbnails not working yet due to not knowing the format in the original game (TSO won't read a byte array containing PNG/BMP, so without spending a month looking at x86 there's not much else I can do). I'll probably pack them as PNG for now just to get it working on FreeSO only, since invalid data does not seem to crash TSO N&I

City struct now broadcasting correctly to clients (lots shown are the two real ones on the server, with added spotlights for effect). Works in FreeSO and TSO. NearView thumbnails not working yet due to not knowing the format in the original game (TSO won't read a byte array containing PNG/BMP, so without spending a month looking at x86 there's not much else I can do). I'll probably pack them as PNG for now just to get it working on FreeSO only, since invalid data does not seem to crash TSO N&I
:D

Didn't the original game's terrain files come in tga format? Maybe the lots are supposed to be packed as those. Would make sense, but I haven't tested this of course :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back