[LEGACY]How to join a server and install FreeSO

Dont use WinRar to extract .zip files into system protected areas. But you are using the legacy version switch to the Global Server version unless if you really want to play offline by yourself. Just download the FreeSO installer) from: https://freeso.net/

When installing using the installer make sure that you select either the "Global Server Edition" or "Legacy Edition" :)
Oh, thank you, i forgot that the Global Server and Legacy Edition installers were merged.

I have Very SMALL BIG problem with the installer, every time, i tried to install, FreeSO installer were crashing ! (It can't even download files)
I have the same problem myself. When I click on "install everything" a pop up comes up saying that it crashed along with three options to either search and repair, continue or restart. The latter two options results in the installer shutting down. When I click "search and repair" it reads "Win32 Registry Error" when I select it, the freeso installer closes and new window pops up extracting some type of file and "Microsoft Net" comes up and is ready for installation. Anyone who knows what to do next? I'm using an 8.1 version of Windows if that is to any help.

Okay, I've followed this guide, but when I do the search for freeso.ml, I get stuck at 0%. I'm stuck at Queen Margaret's and I'm not sure how to get out of there. Thanks for any and all help.

I have the same problem myself. When I click on "install everything" a pop up comes up saying that it crashed along with three options to either search and repair, continue or restart. The latter two options results in the installer shutting down. When I click "search and repair" it reads "Win32 Registry Error" when I select it, the freeso installer closes and new window pops up extracting some type of file and "Microsoft Net" comes up and is ready for installation. Anyone who knows what to do next? I'm using an 8.1 version of Windows if that is to any help.
Make sure that you install Microsoft .NET (when prompted by the installer appearing) as it is required FreeSO to function properly.

Make sure that you install Microsoft .NET (when prompted by the installer appearing) as it is required FreeSO to function properly.
Thank you! It worked but now I hit another problem when I try to register. I click "create a FreeSO account" on the installer but it doesn't load the website. It doesn't work when I type in freeso.ml in my browser either. Is the website down?
(EDIT) I found another link to the site nevermind! ;)

Okay, I've followed this guide, but when I do the search for freeso.ml, I get stuck at 0%. I'm stuck at Queen Margaret's and I'm not sure how to get out of there. Thanks for any and all help.
I did the same thing, and it was because I downloaded the wrong server (Legacy), as you did. delete that game (simply go to program files/maxis and right click and delete Freeso, then download the GLOBAL server

Can someone tell me how to login to the sims online? :oops:
Pretty simple, as soon as you launch FreeSO you should be at the login screen already (once the game has reticulated splines and completely loaded). You will need to register a separate account in order to play FreeSO (you can't use your forum account to login)

Hi I'm new! Few things:
1. The number 6 dropbox link isn't working anymore
2. I can log in and create a new character, but when I'm done creating my sim and click the check mark there's a popup that says "please wait while your new sim is being created" and the game freezes. Does that have to do with number 6?
3. The first post says to join Legacy, but I'm seeing in the comments that if I want to play with other people I need to click 'global'... isn't the whole point of TSO to play with other people? Why have Legacy to begin with if you're the only one on it?

I'm having a similar problem - I crash after creating a sim. Get the not responding. Any troubleshooting thoughts out there?

You'll want to bookmark beta.freeso.org for this beta test. It has the links to discord (support), terms of use, and all of that good Beta Tester stuff like that :)

Got everything going downloaded, however the dropbox for the slips I need to replace things doesn't seem to be there.

Hello, I joined a few years ago, and I must say, I haven't been on because it's so confusing. I've set up and play an everquest emu so I'm not a total noob. But, since I haven't been on since maybe 2015 or 2016, I'm not sure how to update freeso, or how much it has changed. If it's only the dist i need to update, where is the link? If I need to update the client, do I download the zip, and if so, do I also need the server zip, or just the build zip? I don't know where to start, I guess. I built a house on what I think was just my own server that no one else could join, I've backed that up, but still not sure about the rest of it. I read several pages of this thread and my head is about to pop LOL.

Back