Multiple players on multiple computers using same internet connection.

Autumnrose

So when TSO was around my daughter and I used to play together. Her on her computer and me on mine. I am curious if this will be allowed. I am not to savy when it comes to ip's and what not but do not want to get banned. So can multiple people play on different computers using the same internet connection?

So when TSO was around my daughter and I used to play together. Her on her computer and me on mine. I am curious if this will be allowed. I am not to savy when it comes to ip's and what not but do not want to get banned. So can multiple people play on different computers using the same internet connection?

Hi Autumnrose,

Many of us share the same internet connection with others. Parents, roomies ... Other than the IP there is also Mac address which I believe for tracking. But -- Lets hope someone will answer this to both of us. :eek:

Here is a similar discussion that Rhys had in the thread titled: "Final Checklist Discussion" http://forum.freeso.org/posts/22423/
As long as you have separate accounts while on the same network then It should be absolutely fine to play with family or friends.

From blog:
Multi-accounting will be banned when it is clear one account exists for the benefit of the other (money or object transactions), or is the same person as another. I’m not sure how we’ll implement rules on roommates but there will definitely be some to prevent abuse. Logging into the game from the same PC at the same time is a clear offence, so try not to do that.

Nobody will be banned without any definite proof. Needless to say, if you multi-account or bot for profit you will be caught eventually and lose everything.

This kind of gameplay is completely unacceptable and is what ruined TSO for the majority. The goal is to introduce more complex modes of play for people interested in earning more money or skills via active play, instead of forcing all players to open muliple clients to keep up with each other.

This may become a problem for me too, as I will have a shared ip on same subnet. Just to prewarn you until my roommate replace the computer whose motherboard I accidently shorted (long story) may have to borrow one of mine to play. But regularly we are on the same subnet and ip not the same computers tho.

Last edited:
Guys, being on the same IP will not instantly publicly ban you, that would be stupid. Transaction information and account activity is more than enough to detect suspicious behaviour.

What about sharing the same computer on the same subnet (albiet as long as you aren't running freeso twice, ->can you even?) Or will this be a case by case basis sort of thing.

Is your cheat detection stuff flag any legit processes on the client computer? I sometimes use autohotkey or autoit, but for system stuff not for messing around in any online game for example. I'm just hoping you make a list if there are things hard flagged... I guess all these questions stem out of of the mystery that starts on the 6th, hope its not annoying or distracting you too much, the tease is there but their are a lot of things people outiside of the internal tester team don't know or what to expect.

What about sharing the same computer on the same subnet (albiet as long as you aren't running freeso twice, ->can you even?) Or will this be a case by case basis sort of thing.

Is your cheat detection stuff flag any legit processes on the client computer? I sometimes use autohotkey or autoit, but for system stuff not for messing around in any online game for example. I'm just hoping you make a list if there are things hard flagged... I guess all these questions stem out of of the mystery that starts on the 6th, hope its not annoying or distracting you too much, the tease is there but their are a lot of things people outiside of the internal tester team don't know or what to expect.

This is how you will find out. If you get banned, then you know things are hard flagged. :p

If you use AutoHotkey for something unrelated make sure is not with this FreeSO windows open. Nobody will tell you behind the scenes of what is really going on, they might as well hand you the very details of the game and is all done and said.

This is like saying. I use Autokey to do some __________ fill in the blank yourself .... but it will not touch the game just in the background stuff you know!
You clearly know that can be a false/positive or a flag. Then don't do it. Because you have one PC with processes all running at once, like they all detect each other, the game can also detect that. Is not their job to tell you to stop using Autokey. But you the user must go around it. The details will never be given to anyone.

Detection won't rely heavily on the client selling itself out, as checks like this could just be patched out. We definitely won't look at running processes, since they aren't required to bot anyways.

Sounds to me like nobody has anything to worry about if they decide to play with a friend / whoever and they share a network connection... from all I've read it sounds like as long as you're both on your computers, both using your own account, and not just running a dozen sims at once to get an advantage over others, it looks like there really isn't anything to be worried about...

Back