[OUTDATED] Creating your own server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i have no idea if i did all the steps right, but it all seems to be in order after checking and double checking. i don't really understand how it all works, buuuut.... my host name is mdavis.ddns.net
Not sure how to test if it works!
Is your name a Simpsons reference?
latest

Actually... lol, it's just a generic reference to a mysterious, unknown, secretive, man in black type person. Like a secret agent. The closest reference personally is from an old children's song called A My Name is Alice. It was my favorite song as a little girl, so much so, that i uploaded it on youtube a few years ago from an old vinyl record i had since like 1980. Aaaand, furthermore, when TSO first came out, the slogan on tv commercials was "Be somebody else." So, I made a male character, which got me in a bit of trouble lol. I am really a woman, not that it matters. But, thought I should explain the female avatar symbol. I'm not a trannie. LOL

I'm leaving the house right now, but i'd be happy to get on and test the server this evening when i get back. One issue might be that I'm on new zealand time. So, right now its 3:38pm on Tuesday. I'd be happy to try and arrange something with you all tho. Early evening here is late night eastern time in usa, I think... so it might work out.

Last edited:
Actually... lol, it's just a generic reference to a mysterious, unknown, secretive, man in black type person. Like a secret agent. The closest reference personally is from an old children's song called A My Name is Alice. It was my favorite song as a little girl, so much so, that i uploaded it on youtube a few years ago from an old vinyl record i had since like 1980. Aaaand, furthermore, when TSO first came out, the slogan on tv commercials was "Be somebody else." So, I made a male character, which got me in a bit of trouble lol. I am really a woman, not that it matters. But, thought I should explain the female avatar symbol. I'm not a trannie. LOL

I'm leaving the house right now, but i'd be happy to get on and test the server this evening when i get back. One issue might be that I'm on new zealand time. So, right now its 3:38pm on Tuesday. I'd be happy to try and arrange something with you all tho. Early evening here is late night eastern time in usa, I think... so it might work out.
whats wrong with being a tranny? ;)
Lmao
Well irregardless you are quite the female if I do say so myself :3

i could never figure out how these port fowarding applications work. i tried hamachi evolve portmapper. and nothing works... im just gonna have to wait a chance to join a playtest server. :confused:

Question : Can i connect to my friend in spain? i live in the united states so i dont know it will reach or not.
There should be no problem (apart from some latency issues) doing so, and since TSO isn't really a game where you need low latency you should be fine with doing it. You might see things 0.5-1 second slower than him, but otherwise yeah.

What is SimAntics & Lot Debug I Dont see that anywhere in my folder or game. (Sorry for all these questions...)

well, my modem crapped out and had to get a different one. Does that mean i have to set up everything all over again with the new modem? I have to do the port forwarding all over again, it's just obvious, i don't know why i asked. Sorry.

I have never tried to set up a server before so im def a noob at this, so please excuse me.

BUT, my static IP and host thingie at noip.com should still be all good, right? Just my modem work needs to be re done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back