[OUTDATED] Creating your own server!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, this didn't work for me, for whatever reason I can't connect. I have tried port forwarding using portmapper, what else should I try?

Your not supposed to connect to your own server, Your supposed to open a lot that ends with xml and then let other people connect to it.

Greetings and thanks for the guide, i'm supposed to have done everything... thouuu the web of No-IP seems different from the description, there s a dashboard where it tells "1 active hostname" and "1 unconfigured host". If i click in the first one some information comes resembled to the image you posted in the guide so it seems fine.

Appart from that i am still not sure about how to set up my server once inside the game... so i started trying things, i made myself a home with space enough to make two houses more soon, in case some people that reach my trust want to try having a house close to me. But, i dont know yet if what i am doing is online or not, or if someone may be able to visit it or not if i give the adress,... and how to manage things as admin. Like how make people doormates or admins too...

I know too much questions from a noob in this x)

raynecroft.ddns.net
Thanks for all, atte,
Victoria Rayne
Steam name: RayneDarkwave

This tutorial is total shit..... DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL!! Here it is not even explained... only the main steps... but what you got to do with the router... no one said about it... i am so pissed off

This tutorial is total shit..... DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL!! Here it is not even explained... only the main steps... but what you got to do with the router... no one said about it... i am so pissed off
You have to port-forward your router, if you can't do that then don't bother trying, it's pretty technical as it is, plus, there are enough servers to play on

You have to port-forward your router, if you can't do that then don't bother trying, it's pretty technical as it is, plus, there are enough servers to play on
I have a port forwarding... and i did every step but it won't work....

Exactly, people somehow can't get it to work, which is why I say, don't bother, especially if your router won't work with FreeSO, even after port-forwarding

Remember that this setup is a temporary problem caused by the fact that people need to actually host their own lot servers. I don't even know what this portmapper program is... I do it manually.

nope, nope and nope. Thanks for the tutorial but I couldn't get it to work at all.
#6 is what got me. what client?

How does the server I just signed up for turn into a TSO server? And then how do I connect to it via Freeso.

nope, nope and nope. Thanks for the tutorial but I couldn't get it to work at all.
#6 is what got me. what client?

How does the server I just signed up for turn into a TSO server? And then how do I connect to it via Freeso.
Open the port needed and once u've done it, open an offline lot in freeso, it will automatically become online if u give ur frans the public ip u can get @ whatsmyip.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back