Perma Server - "Downtown" (Warning: Pic heavy!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
14cqgbn.jpg

Hi!

I have started up a server experiment as a side project. This experiment is to see how long the server can go for. Think of it as a "Stress Test" to keep a server live 24/7 with no interruption. :p

Anyways, introducing, "Downtown". Downtown has a police station, a theater, a mcdonalds, a few houses, a warehouse nightclub, a large park, an ice cream shop and more! I plan to keep "Evolving" the town through time as more people play, to make it like a real city where things come and go. (Mcdonalds is there now? What about two months? Its now torn down and a spa is being built! :p)

I plan to launch this server at 6:00PM EST. (Look online at http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ for the exact time). Once its around come here to get the server address!

Showing the first part of main street:
73fhxi.jpg

Second part of Main St infront of the toy store:
sl0jt1.jpg

Mcdonalds:
2n84tc3.jpg

Random homes:
o5n6fa.jpg

The illegal dance club inside the factory:
358dwtw.jpg

The Park:
2dhad0o.jpg

The Theater:
6pz4ur.jpg

The Police Station:
vnmgld.jpg

The Bar:
2zssi7o.jpg

Overview:
33lcnkg.jpg

Last edited:
Server crashes are very frequent at the moment and can do unexpected things. I think I tried this at one point but gave up because it was too unstable but maybe now that Rhys has worked on it a little more I guess it's a little more stable :p

Rendering is pretty intensive right now too, especially with that many sprites. The sprite list is regenerated every frame, so your server pc could be in for an extended bad time if you're running the full game for a long time. I made a dedicated server for testing purposes, but it's rather buggy.

Freezes won't be 100% removable from the simantics system due to how it works, but eventually we will limit the number of instructions a simantics routine can complete before terminating. This should make it sufficient to host a dedicated server.

Why did you take the screenshots with your phone? It would have been much easier to use alt+printscr and just paste them in here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back