Simming Online

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by zc456, Aug 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

By the time we have a system that can reliably host persistent VMs, we'll be hosting our own. I'm not sure it's a great idea to host a persistent server right now, since it's prone to getting stuck in infinite loops and connecting to a server running for ages takes a long time. (no vm serialization)
    pisarz1958 likes this.
  2. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

Hosting my own TSO server is something I've wanted for a long, long, time. Even if it's just caters to a small group, I'd still be happy.
    Clonest likes this.
  3. pisarz1958

pisarz1958 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Rhys is right. It takes ages to connect to a server that was running for half an hour, I don't even want to think about how much time it would take if it was running for 12 hours, days...
  4. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Scheduled saves and resets could be temporarily implemented by someone, so that - say - if the server was up for 20-30 minutes, it saves the lot and restarts? Something like that ought to solve a few problems, until they're fixed.
  5. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

I just said it'd be persistent. Meaning if I crash, I don't bring everyone down with me.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  6. DukeLukum

DukeLukum Member

I remember this lot, Do you still have it Zack?
  7. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

I think so.
  8. Roll-E

Roll-E Member

The crashing part annoys me so much when i get into a lot it crashes no matter the host restarts the server or not.
  9. Nahuel3d

Nahuel3d Active Member

What's VM Serialization? :D
  10. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

NOOB! NOOB! NOOB! NOOB!
    On a serious note, have you seriously not looked it up? It's a bit complicated, but you'll get the hang of it after a few hundred reads.
    jokergato and JeremyT like this.
  11. Matthew Kife

Matthew Kife New Member

how to connect to an active server? None of the 4 ips worked..
  12. zc456

zc456 Well-Known Member

As of build #139, FreeSO no longer accepts input when the game isn't in focus. In former builds dating back to Project Dollhouse, this was a key to many frustration and ultimately lead to canceling the TSO World play-tests until city server was done. Now that this bug has been fixed, I've reconsidered and decided to reopen TSO World under the new Simming Online name. As always, all play-tests are scheduled via Google Calendar, US Eastern Time. Server info below.
    I hate taking daylight savings time into account.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    Remixful and Christopher like this.
  13. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Server now up : zackcasey.me
    Edit : now closed.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  14. AquilaSim

AquilaSim Administrator Staff Member Moderator

15. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

Discord invitation link is dead. Can you fix it please?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.