Social motive and remote interaction

X_Lukelisx

1. I think it sucks you cannot increase your social motive when your alone at your lot (especally that isn't money/skill dedicated one), as you need to moderate the lot and wait for visitors to arrive. Potential Solution?

Potential Solution: when talking in pm with a certain person, you should have your social increase. Even If they're long distances (i.e. in another lot) away from you. Everytime the person you pm replies back, your social increase gets double (the code will keep track of it). Same goes everytime you reply to that person, his/her social gets doubled.

Reasons:
1. This would make pm more useful and add immersion logic that your sim gains fun from talking.
2. Encourage people to talk via chat, when for example while focusing on honing their skills and making money.

2. You cannot interact with other player's sim long distances.

Potential Solution: Player A makes a call through a phone on his lot to Player B (they must be friends!). The telephone rings on Players B lot. She, Player B, answers the phone. Now these two players can use the following interactions:
  • Greet
  • Friendly:
    • Talk to
    • Whisper
  • Romance:
    • Flirt.
  • Mean:
    • Insult
  • End the call:
    • "See you later" [friends]
    • "No, you hang-up!" [partners]
    • "Go to hell!" [enemies]
    • "Farewell" [Acquaintances]
  • Prank call: makes a call to a random lot, opens up a text-box to write immature stuff and ect.

Nope this makes no sense Luke. The point of tweaking the game doesn't mean making everything easier.

How does it make no sense? The point of tweaking the game is to promote others from being less anti-social.

Oh come on! It wouldn't be that bad. Nothing much would happen. It's hard enough to find roomates whilst keeping the lot active. Keeping the lot 24/7 open is kinda hard when you await for someone to apply for roomates and keep the lot running so you can go out and fun in other lots. At the meantime, with this suggestion implanted: it keeps you in touch with others increasing virtual friendship.

I don't see the point of having our character/sim participate in social when we already are... well you know... TALKING. Besides, this is between players in pm. This won't the public chat.

It would also another point/usage for the telephone.

I mean I guess this is okay but why would they add this if it wasnt in TSO originally why would they add it here?

Realistic Lighting wasn't in TSO originally, but look what happened.
I mean I guess this is okay but why would they add this if it wasnt in TSO originally why would they add it here?

All the gameplay tweaks and additions to the game will only make it into TSO when the full reimplementation is complete, with logical investigations in how it would change the game, if it affects the gameplay in a good or bad way or not and if the community is overall happy with the changes.

If you are still confused basically for something to deter from the reimplementation, there needs to be thourgh thought in what happens next for TSO/FreeSO.

Last edited:
Social is a need, and shouldn't be shortcuted by using IM, which makes it easier. There is people out there, GO FIND THEM.

All the gameplay tweaks and additions to the game will only make it into TSO when the full reimplementation is complete, with logical investigations in how it would change the game, if it affects the gameplay in a good or bad way or not and if the community is overall happy with the changes.

If you are still confused basically for something to deter from the reimplementation, there needs to be thourgh thought in what happens next for TSO/FreeSO.

You're right.

eh social is fine they (ryhs) could make it so serenade would work at a distance like "blow kiss" and that would be awesome. you wouldnt have to run everywhere helping people you could be an actual healer class ^^

Back