[ARCHIVE] Final Checklist Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of founder... I missed my Simmy (Founder) by about 2 years when TSO was originally available. How would we go about obtaining Founder status on FreeSO?

Be at the opening ceremony, that's all I'll say. Online jobs will have boosted payout for a while til I can get a good # on the average earnings from each job type and tweak it from there.

Wait ... What? .... when is it, and where ... I work, what if I can't be there ... lol

Well there's no true way to validate who was an actual TSO Founder vs those who just say they are.. I'd imagine any disbursement of the Simmy, if it's made to be "special" at all, would be based on FreeSO's launch.

How many players can be on a lot at one time?
Likely final limit will be 64.
Wait ... What? .... when is it, and where ... I work, what if I can't be there ... lol
If you're not there you have to start out the hard way. The reason at least some people must start with money is because otherwise there would be no lots whatsoever and nobody would be able to do anything. The reason people after a certain point cannot start with money is because it will be abused. The timing will probably be around 5pm EST (10 pm GMT, 11pm BST), so people in europe actually have a chance.
On the topic of founder... I missed my Simmy (Founder) by about 2 years when TSO was originally available. How would we go about obtaining Founder status on FreeSO?
Founder status will be given to all avatars who register during the beta period.

No, I'm not close enough to put a date on it. There will be lots of notice though.

Keep in mind that the servers might also immediately break, so it also needs to be a time I'm free enough to make changes on the fly. Will likely be on a weekend.

No, I'm not close enough to put a date on it. There will be lots of notice though.

Keep in mind that the servers might also immediately break, so it also needs to be a time I'm free enough to make changes on the fly. Will likely be on a weekend.
Awesome ... Thanks!

Likely final limit will be 64.

If you're not there you have to start out the hard way. The reason at least some people must start with money is because otherwise there would be no lots whatsoever and nobody would be able to do anything. The reason people after a certain point cannot start with money is because it will be abused. The timing will probably be around 5pm EST (10 pm GMT, 11pm BST), so people in europe actually have a chance.

Founder status will be given to all avatars who register during the beta period.

Great news! I finally have a chance at a Simmy :>. And my god, 64 sims on one lot! That's an insane amount. If I recall correctly, TSO's object limit was around 120 objects? (I believe rose even further depending on how old you were/which lot you chose (skill, shop etc). Will this object limit be raised? Or maybe even completely removed?

Great news! I finally have a chance at a Simmy :>. And my god, 64 sims on one lot! That's an insane amount. If I recall correctly, TSO's object limit was around 120 objects? (I believe rose even further depending on how old you were/which lot you chose (skill, shop etc). Will this object limit be raised? Or maybe even completely removed?
Personally, I don't think 64 sims is a big amount but that's my personal opinion. It is enough though and I don't see how or why you would need more than 64 sims on 1 lot honestly unless the mod gets crazy popular.

At that point broadcast ticks will become rather bandwidth heavy and might impact on game performance. iOS and Android use a special software depth rendering path which may be negatively impacted by drawing 64 avatars, but we'll see if it does cause a problem.

Really, we want to minimise the number of lots with many objects that are open. Object simulation for entire lots is a lot more expensive than simulating an extra avatar object on an existing lot.

There will be an object limit, but it will work differently and scale with lot upgrade size. It will be much larger than the original game, but will still need 8 roommates to sustain the maximum possible number of objects on the lot.

The client and server will likely rely on servo for mainline builds (master branch) for a while. Warning periods before updates may be relatively short while the game is in the beta phase.

In future this will likely change into a stable + develop branch, where the main server will be running on stable and a test server would be running on develop.

At that point broadcast ticks will become rather bandwidth heavy and might impact on game performance. iOS and Android use a special software depth rendering path which may be negatively impacted by drawing 64 avatars, but we'll see if it does cause a problem.

Really, we want to minimise the number of lots with many objects that are open. Object simulation for entire lots is a lot more expensive than simulating an extra avatar object on an existing lot.

There will be an object limit, but it will work differently and scale with lot upgrade size. It will be much larger than the original game, but will still need 8 roommates to sustain the maximum possible number of objects on the lot.

I see, it's nice to know that the object limit will be raised! Also, when the game goes live, please be sure to setup a donation fund. For many of us TSO was our first online experience, and I'd absolutely donate monthly in upwards of $40 or more per month to keep everything running smooth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back