[ARCHIVE] Final Checklist Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
@deleted message
You don't need to use your visual studio with our TeamCity, but it is true that it's out of date and we're currently using the command line instead of a native plugin to compile the game.

I see, it's nice to know that the object limit will be raised! Also, when the game goes live, please be sure to setup a donation fund. For many of us TSO was our first online experience, and I'd absolutely donate monthly in upwards of $40 or more per month to keep everything running smooth!
Haha, wow, that generosity. 40 seems like it would be way too high for one person to donate. Not that I'm trying to keep money from RHY, but, hopefully he breaks out an actual server cost list. It should be easily manageable with small donations from a few people. This game (theoretically) shouldn't be super intensive for modern processors/server hosts.

Depends on the userbase, and how big we get before the real optimisations start coming in (SimAntics JIT, partial room map updates, routing optimisation)

Quick question, should the tray buttons for messaging always appear, or only appear when the window is minimized?

My personal vote is that they always appear. If you're enforcing the limit of 3 IMing instances open concurrently (I'm not sure), it would be more clear to the user how many chats they have open at any given time. Maybe with all 3 chat windows open the user can click a tray button to focus that particular chat.

If the buttons do hide & show, I would think they should at least maintain their order.

Sorry Rhys I've been away for the weekend, when did you say the opening ceremony would take place or is there not a set date yet?

Maan, just scroll up a bit, it has already been answered.
It sais "Be at the open ceremony, but no date only time" so how do we know when this will take place? that's what I was asking if there is any date scheduled...

It sais "Be at the open ceremony, but no date only time" so how do we know when this will take place? that's what I was asking if there is any date scheduled...
seriously that doesn't answer to your question ? ._. "but no date only time" there's no date, can't be more clear about it...

seriously that doesn't answer to your question ? ._. "but no date only time" there's no date, can't be more clear about it...
Technically it has not been answered because there's no set date which is what i was wondering, but i get your point.

We are definitely very close. We're so close that the game technically works right now... the remaining things I need to work on are all to ensure the game's longevity and set up an infrastructure that lets us safely update and restart the game server in any arbitrarily distributed context. This includes redesigning the city, since we can't exactly change the landscape after people have placed their lots.

We are definitely very close. We're so close that the game technically works right now... the remaining things I need to work on are all to ensure the game's longevity and set up an infrastructure that lets us safely update and restart the game server in any arbitrarily distributed context. This includes redesigning the city, since we can't exactly change the landscape after people have placed their lots.
Will there be a Mac version accompanying the global/beta release?

take care never is too much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back