[ARCHIVE] Final Checklist Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
rhy i had a question i see its possible to insert mp3 files into the folders, would other players be affected by that or just the local user?
If you place your own mp3 files in the music folder only you will hear the change, as music files aren't stored serverside, and even if they were they wouldn't be from your folder :p

If you place your own mp3 files in the music folder only you will hear the change, as music files aren't stored serverside, and even if they were they wouldn't be from your folder :p
oh well i used my own mp3s now the game wont stop crashing so i had to uninstall again

It must be a valid mp3 file. The library I'm using might not support some variations on the mp3 format.

Starting simoleons will be 0, officially. Town hall lot will have a money and skills portion which will be open the first few weeks. I think I'll be using a modified version of JD's installer to install, and an in-engine patch system that downloads it from the game server (though might not be the best idea to put this strain on the REST API, so it'll likely just direct the client to an URL hosted elsewhere).

is anyone worried about bots or hax?
Rhy said under FAQ that multiple accts and botting are not allowed and easy to detect as all transactions are logged. I am sure he thought on those details. The person(s) loose everything if caught. We are in a good place. Those out there just dont try because I might suggest "The wall of shame", where every gamers name in-game and forum with convo is plastered somewhere in this forum for everyone to see and shame . Lol

It's not possible to know what houses everyone has saved on their local devices, and they were built with infinite money anyways.

"Hax" aren't really possible due to the serverside nature of the simulation.

Hey Rhy! Stoked to play. Just wondering if there will be a decent Mac platform by beta? I've tried a couple of the workarounds to no avail, but based on the threads I'm not the only one with these issues.

Hoping to play soon! :D

since theres 1 town are we having 1 sim? and its a beta so we shouldnt get too attached to our progress there?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back