[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
6a6ddb33aa184dab213f2aa1baa21421.gif
upload_2016-2-1_3-22-2.png
Work in progress balloon drawing. Needs animation, "crossed out" and a fix for timeouts, as well as some investigation into why skills don't work.

It's come a very long way from when I first started following on a different site that won't be named.
It actually looks like TSO again.

xDD
I LOVE THE PROGRESS
I hope FreeSO gets released in summer vor autumn (or generally this year because this game is too great)
I concur! Summer time would be the absolute best because thats when all the kiddies are loose and we are on our break time. I myself will be in a mathematics lecture but whats to stop me from getting up mid class and leaving early?:p
Jkjk but most definitely will find time for it expecting release by then.

I concur! Summer time would be the absolute best because thats when all the kiddies are loose and we are on our break time. I myself will be in a mathematics lecture but whats to stop me from getting up mid class and leaving early?:p
Jkjk but most definitely will find time for it expecting release by then.

Don't rush it. These big milestones are taking 2-3 months and that's really fast for this type of project. Doing everything required to remake TSO, the proper emulator, and the server is nuts.

Don't rush it. These big milestones are taking 2-3 months and that's really fast for this type of project. Doing everything required to remake TSO, the proper emulator, and the server is nuts.
Oh dont get me wrong, Im not expecting it to release by then Im just saying that it would be fantastic. Of course I realize all the arduous being brought in by all of the devs and I appreciate all the progress they've made in such time. :D

Rhys, I continue to be completely unable to use the IDE. It never bloody starts. it runs in the background but nothing seems to come out of it. in fact, I can't even terminate it at all, so there's going to be one that's like hanging on.

Do you know of any requirements I'm missing to run or anything along those lines?

Btw, I've also noticed that you can't seem to be able to use Ladders to get out of pool (dunno if it's in general or only after you use the Pool Board) my sim will swim, and then just continue swimming dropping the Ladder from it's queue. This also includes clicking on a land.

Also if you place a floor tile underneath a swimming sim it puts him back on the land and glitches them with the behavior in pool (randomly moving about)

Rhys, I continue to be completely unable to use the IDE. It never bloody starts. it runs in the background but nothing seems to come out of it. in fact, I can't even terminate it at all, so there's going to be one that's like hanging on.

Do you know of any requirements I'm missing to run or anything along those lines?
I have no idea why this would ever happen. The object selection window every time you start a lot. It looks like this:
upload_2016-2-1_16-3-44.png
The workflow will change soon, but there shouldn't be any problems using it right now. I have not tried the version on the buildbot.
Btw, I've also noticed that you can't seem to be able to use Ladders to get out of pool (dunno if it's in general or only after you use the Pool Board) my sim will swim, and then just continue swimming dropping the Ladder from it's queue. This also includes clicking on a land.

Also if you place a floor tile underneath a swimming sim it puts him back on the land and glitches them with the behavior in pool (randomly moving about)
I do know of these. I'm not sure, but the pool ladder just stops admitting some sims after a point, but not all. There's likely some kind of flag somewhere which isn't being set/cleared correctly.

In other news, balloons are almost complete. Just need to draw the skill speed info for the skill balloon.

upload_2016-2-1_16-19-53.png
.eJwNyEEOhCAMAMC_8ABKQRD9DUGCRm0J1HjY7N935zgf9fRLrWoXaWMF2I6RuW96CPdUi67M9SqpHUNnviGJpLzfhWQAugXdjNYbgyZEPwXAyc02WOejie6_PsBDJ_FLulFV3x8DryLC.GPsf2ooyVABLhIiD8ag27xMlPBg.png

Question, and this may have been answered throughout this forum, but why is it that all of this reverse-engineering-engineering required? If all of the game files were made available, how come all the work your doing to piece it all together had to be done?

Question, and this may have been answered throughout this forum, but why is it that all of this reverse-engineering-engineering required? If all of the game files were made available, how come all the work your doing to piece it all together had to be done?
Personally I havent the foggiest as to how any of this works but I like to imagine it like a computer. You have a hard drive with all of ur info on it and everything however without a proper operating system (I.E. Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...) you cant access them. At least thats like my childish imaginitive shorthander version as to how it works. Or maybe it needs an engine to run it and its been ripped apart when the game was shut down back in the day and the only thing salvagable was the core files. :D

Personally I havent the foggiest as to how any of this works but I like to imagine it like a computer. You have a hard drive with all of ur info on it and everything however without a proper operating system (I.E. Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...) you cant access them. At least thats like my childish imaginitive shorthander version as to how it works. Or maybe it needs an engine to run it and its been ripped apart when the game was shut down back in the day and the only thing salvagable was the core files. :D
That's a really good way to put it. We cannot use the original game code because it would be too difficult to take control of (it has been compiled, obviously, and is an incredibly intricate piece of software) and make a server with, due to the complicated nature of the SimAntics environment and the original game protocol.

Object scripts don't run themselves, and game graphics and UI doesn't exactly present themselves either. Nearly all of the work you're seeing is engine work, to get the original object scripts to run perfectly, and to hook the "empty shell" UI elements and graphics up to functionality and a renderer. It may not seem like it at this stage, but the entire game engine has been rewritten from scratch, mainly so that we have full control.

Skill display now working. Need to clean up loose ends then I'll upload it. Does anyone remember what the base skilling speed was? 15% or 115%?
upload_2016-2-1_17-43-25.png

That's a really good way to put it. We cannot use the original game code because it would be too difficult to take control of (it has been compiled, obviously, and is an incredibly intricate piece of software) and make a server with, due to the complicated nature of the SimAntics environment and the original game protocol.

Object scripts don't run themselves, and game graphics and UI doesn't exactly present themselves either. Nearly all of the work you're seeing is engine work, to get the original object scripts to run perfectly, and to hook the "empty shell" UI elements and graphics up to functionality and a renderer. It may not seem like it at this stage, but the entire game engine has been rewritten from scratch, mainly so that we have full control.

Skill display now working. Need to clean up loose ends then I'll upload it. Does anyone remember what the base skilling speed was? 15% or 115%?
View attachment 1230

Says 10% here.

http://www.tsomania.net/gameguides/skills.php

Great, Working way fast, this has something to do with the needs about your university project using IDE???

Current property category is "skills", so I'm assuming 15 is the correct value. The SimAntics environment seems to handle skilling speed by itself, and only provides a value back to the headline to display.
95bcdc65e504289dd216332648409711.gif
.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBSEBC3IUjQnLYEavy43O733lc941KbOkT63AD2cxYeu57CI7eqG3O7au7n1IVvyCK5HHclmYAuoYtovTFowuqXALi4mEJCbzHgGl2y8NCH-CXdqanfHwVsItY.2xW85Aui4FBRTdW4GN9ZxccWCeU.png

Trying to fix relationships right now.
Great, Working way fast, this has something to do with the needs about your university project using IDE???
No.

Current property category is "skills", so I'm assuming 15 is the correct value. The SimAntics environment seems to handle skilling speed by itself, and only provides a value back to the headline to display.
.eJwFwdENhCAMANBdGIBSEBC3IUjQnLYEavy43O733lc941KbOkT63AD2cxYeu57CI7eqG3O7au7n1IVvyCK5HHclmYAuoYtovTFowuqXALi4mEJCbzHgGl2y8NCH-CXdqanfHwVsItY.2xW85Aui4FBRTdW4GN9ZxccWCeU.png
<3

It is fantastic that thanks to well-recreated engine SimAntics, you do not have to bother with such details! Cannot wait to check new indicators out with other players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back