Central Server List

Discussion in 'Play-Tests' started by LetsRaceBwoi, Jan 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LetsRaceBwoi

LetsRaceBwoi Well-Known Member

Alright. Due to the fact that nobody knows when there are playtests without looking through all the active topics, etc. I have decided to create my own central server list which connects to my central server, gets a list of servers (right now there's only 8) and pings them both server- and client-side. If the ping was successful then it will assume that the server is up, but since there's no real way to do this right now (unless Rhys implements a handshake packet of some sort which I've been suggesting since July last year) then it's the best we can really do without connecting a sim.
    The server returns a nice little JSON string, containing the name, IP and status (according to the server) of the server (man this gets confusing).
    Some things might not work because it's not really complete but the core functionality is there.
    upload_2016-1-29_20-57-5.png
    What can I do if my server isn't on there?
    Reply below with a link to your thread and I'll put your server in the list :)
    It's not working
    You misconfigured something or my server's down.

The file's attached below because I only really want registered users to access it (reduces server traffic)

Attached Files:

2. RHY3756547

RHY3756547 FreeSO Developer Staff Member Moderator

If you have been, I wasn't listening. Sorry. Remember that I'm not going to waste time making the LAN setup better, especially when it's all going to change soon anyways.

Those server names in your screenshot are a rather outdated. You should check out the latest active threads in the Play Tests section and the TSO brazil facebook group to make a better list.
  3. LetsRaceBwoi

It's okay - you've been busy developing better aspects of the engine, and I understand that you aren't going to waste your time making the temporary solution better.
    Yep. My server list is outdated too, and I might delete the thread anyways (with the introduction of this it's pretty useless).
  4. Fraczek20

Fraczek20 Member

Doesn't work for me. It says that all of them are online (even FreeSO offical server...)
  5. Shippya

Shippya Member

I remember when I hosted that server it failed so badly :oops:
  6. This is normal? no server is online upload_2016-1-29_19-20-58.png
  7. Simhrique0990

Simhrique0990 Active Member

The new address , the Brazilian server and this " freesobr.ddns.net "
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  8. LetsRaceBwoi

Master server's experiencing some issues.
  9. LetsRaceBwoi

Master server should now be working correctly (unless there's more problems :p)
  10. francot514

francot514 Well-Known Member

11. LetsRaceBwoi

False positive.
  12. XandWacky

XandWacky Active Member

Do I need to extract this to anywhere specific?
  13. LetsRaceBwoi

Er, shouldn't need to, no.
    XandWacky likes this.
  14. Blayer98

Blayer98 Active Member

pd.servegame.com expired ages ago and the new link is tsopt.noip.me.
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
  15. Shippya

Shippya Member

So did both of my servers that are in the list
    they expired ages ago
    LetsRaceBwoi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.