FreeSO on Linux!

Just noticed that you're trying to run "FSO.Debug.exe". That executable is outdated and like, doesn't work under any circumstances. You should only run FreeSO.exe.

Your game is trying to run the game in directx mode for some mysterious reason. Considering this is also behind a "platform is windows" lock, I'm completely stumped. Try deleting the Monogame/Windows/ folder?? Not sure, mono's dependancy resolution might be working different from the CLR, though it works for me and tirea...

On linux game content should be like, /game/TSOClient/

I did run FSO.Debug.exe, FSO.IDE.exe and FreeSO.exe. After deleting the Windows-directory, FSO.Debug.exe still complains about the missing path and the other two still have this error:
Code:
~/TheSimsOnline/drive_c/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims Online/TSOClient$ mono FreeSO.exe
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.EntryPointNotFoundException: RegisterRawInputDevices
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) SharpDX.RawInput.RawInputFunctions:RegisterRawInputDevices_ (void*,int,int)
  at SharpDX.RawInput.RawInputFunctions.RegisterRawInputDevices (SharpDX.RawInput.RawInputDevice[] rawInputDevicesRef, Int32 uiNumDevices, Int32 cbSize) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SharpDX.RawInput.Device.RegisterDevice (UsagePage usagePage, UsageId usageId, DeviceFlags flags, IntPtr target, RegisterDeviceOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at SharpDX.RawInput.Device.RegisterDevice (UsagePage usagePage, UsageId usageId, DeviceFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGameWindow..ctor (MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform platform) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at MonoGame.Framework.WinFormsGamePlatform..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.Create (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Common.Rendering.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.TSOGame..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.GameStartProxy.Start (Boolean useDX) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

How can it be trying to reference sharpdx when no references to it exist??? If "monogame.framework.dll" is in the freeso directory, delete it.

It did work indeed. Now, the main window actually opens and I get new errors:

Code:
~/TheSimsOnline/drive_c/Program Files/Maxis/The Sims Online/TSOClient$ mono FreeSO.exe
X11 Error encountered:
  Error: BadCursor (invalid Cursor parameter)
  Request:     95 (0)
  Resource ID: 0x3800005
  Serial:      106
  Hwnd:        <null>
  Control:     <null>   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.HandleError(IntPtr display, XErrorEvent ByRef error_event)
   at OpenTK.Platform.X11.Functions.XSync(IntPtr , Boolean )
   at OpenTK.Platform.X11.X11GLNative.DestroyWindow()
   at OpenTK.Platform.X11.X11GLNative.Dispose(Boolean manuallyCalled)
   at OpenTK.Platform.NativeWindowBase.Dispose()
   at OpenTK.NativeWindow.Dispose()
   at OpenTK.Platform.PlatformFactoryBase.Dispose(Boolean manual)
   at OpenTK.Platform.X11.X11Factory.Dispose(Boolean manual)
   at OpenTK.Platform.PlatformFactoryBase.Dispose()
   at OpenTK.Platform.Factory.Dispose(Boolean manual)
   at OpenTK.Platform.Factory.Dispose()
   at OpenTK.Toolkit.Dispose(Boolean manual)
   at OpenTK.Toolkit.Dispose()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.OpenTKGamePlatform.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.Dispose()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Dispose()
   at FSO.Client.GameStartProxy.Start(Boolean useDX)
   at FSO.Client.Program.Main(System.String[] args)

AL lib: FreeContext: (0x1bce130) Deleting 32 Source(s)
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Exception: Tuning.cs: Invalid path: game/TSOClient/tuning.dat
  at FSO.Files.Tuning..ctor (System.String Path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Content.Content..ctor (System.String basePath, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice device) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Content.Content.Init (System.String basepath, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice device) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.TSOGame.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoInitialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.GameStartProxy.Start (Boolean useDX) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at FSO.Client.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
AL lib: ReleaseALC: 1 device not closed
System.Exception: Tuning.cs: Invalid path: game/TSOClient/tuning.dat
Now I'm confused. I thought I'm supposed to unzip the contents of the build to the TSOClient-directoy which is in my "The Sims Online"-directory.

Not in linux. You were never meant to do that in the first place - it's just everyone but me has been telling each other that for some reason. The only thing it depends on is the registry entry for TSO on windows, and the game/ directory on linux.

I also have been trying to get game working on Linux Ununbu, this is the error i got when running, have installed everything.

freesolinux.png

I renamed the The-Sims-Online to game, extracted the game files to the parent directory and now I can start it but the graphics don't look so appealing:
Screenshot from 2016-03-12 22:47:42.png

I don't think I could fix this problem even if I tried, as even the basic monogame sprite batch for the UI is messing up there. Software graphics via Mesa generally cause this to happen.

Yes, but only with a dedicated GPU and it's likely to crash right now. There is a solution without, but it was an experiment and is now outdated.

Yes, but only with a dedicated GPU and it's likely to crash right now. There is a solution without, but it was an experiment and is now outdated.
Why do not create test build for linux, that does only work as server and dont need to generate the world, or render any graphics..

Like I've said like 5 times in this thread, including in the post you quoted, that exists but is buggy.

My freeso runs really good at my tablet although it hasnt touch support.. I have to plug in my mouse to click.. Anyways.. Will there also a mac version?

My freeso runs really good at my tablet although it hasnt touch support.. I have to plug in my mouse to click.. Anyways.. Will there also a mac version?
There kinda already is a version for OS X, but it's broken and almost always refuses to even launch... Even if you get it to launch and start, you can't build or rotate any objects and it crashes quite frequently, you basically can't play at all...
I know someone on the discord channel said that you could play FreeSO on OS X when using wine which is not true, it still doesn't work due to the way FreeSO handles graphics, so for now you will have to either wait until the Version for OS X is fixed or install Windows on your Mac (with either Bootcamp or Parallels, don't use VirtualBox that still won't work).

That being said FreeSO will be cross platform, meaning you will be able to it on Windows, OS X and Linux!

Back