Fullscreen mode

Resolution options currently need to be set out of the game, which is admittedly a bit of a chore... This will be changed rather soon, probably at the time of the graphics refactor.

You can easily change the resolution the game launches in by adding launch parameters to a shortcut to the game. Here is an example:
Code:
"C:/FreeSO/FreeSO.exe" 1920x1080 f
The f stands for full screen. You can change the resolution numbers to whatever you want.

Resolution options currently need to be set out of the game, which is admittedly a bit of a chore... This will be changed rather soon, probably at the time of the graphics refactor.

You can easily change the resolution the game launches in by adding launch parameters to a shortcut to the game. Here is an example:
Code:
"C:/FreeSO/FreeSO.exe" 1920x1080 f
The f stands for full screen. You can change the resolution numbers to whatever you want.
Thanks, Rhys!

how do we do that?
C:\Program Files\Maxis\The Sims Online\TSOClient\Content there is a config file that allows you to change the GraphicsWidth and GraphicsHeight. I changed mine to my monitor recommended settings and that made it fullscreen, too, without changing Windowed to False.

Last edited:
I can't do that it says access denied.
Drag the "Config.ini" file from the 'Content' folder' to your desktop (or anywhere) and make the changes there, then drag it back into the 'Content' folder.

Or you can just run Notepad as administrator and then edit the Config.ini file from there.

Back