Minor Bug Thread

Outdoor lights tend to stay off during the day
This is at night. My lot stays dark. I tried putting indoor lights on the outer walls of rooms to light the outdoor area and that didn't work either. Nothing brings light to the outdoor areas at night.

Ah, I see. Then the problem is that the outdoors is a huge room.
In the future Rhys might change/improve how lighting works so that each light lights up it's own area but for now the game does light the way the original game did and it stays dark/dim until you have enough lights and then lights up the room. So, unfortunately, you need to section the area off with walls to create a smaller room. This will also give you some control over the room-score. Obviously walling up a space that is meant to be outdoors is a bit disappointing, but it's the only option right now.
Fence-walls appear to only be semi-walls so, sadly, wont really help in this case. But pool-moats may (I haven't had a chance to test that personally in the live game), if you don't mind having people climb in and then out of pools to reach the area.

Ah, I see. Then the problem is that the outdoors is a huge room.
In the future Rhys might change/improve how lighting works so that each light lights up it's own area but for now the game does light the way the original game did and it stays dark/dim until you have enough lights and then lights up the room. So, unfortunately, you need to section the area off with walls to create a smaller room. This will also give you some control over the room-score. Obviously walling up a space that is meant to be outdoors is a bit disappointing, but it's the only option right now.
Fence-walls appear to only be semi-walls so, sadly, wont really help in this case. But pool-moats may (I haven't had a chance to test that personally in the live game), if you don't mind having people climb in and then out of pools to reach the area.

Yeah, thats kind of what I did first. I had a pool going around the lot first but it stopped at the first 4 entrance squares. Then I moved that back a bit and tried building a Trump wall around my whole lot with fence wallpaper so I could put lights on it but that only lit up the areas in the outer section so the actual rooms inside the wall cut that light off from reaching my center, plus it put a huge roof over my whole lot causing daylight to stop working as well. I ended up removing the pool moat and having only a medium pool in the center of the lot. Figuring out the lighting is tricky. I had so many tiki torches in the center that it was a legit sim fire hazard! but it still wasn't lighting up anything. I am going to have to rethink the whole thing.

Is it normal for my female sim to wear a guy's pajamas? I knew the jammies were wrong, but I noticed her huge, broad shoulders today. Yikes!
Thought I'd let ya know :)

Is it normal for my female sim to wear a guy's pajamas? I knew the jammies were wrong, but I noticed her huge, broad shoulders today. Yikes!
Thought I'd let ya know :)
You can change your clothes to anything o_O since you have access across both genders' clothing, so yeah. :eek:

Bug report (crash):
When focusing the chat window (CTRL + H) and then pressing CTRL + Backspace, then game crashes. Must be done while in the middle of a sentence.
CTRL + Backspace is a Windows shortcut to delete an entire word. I... I just can't stop myself from using it o.o

sqLo2Ta.png

Hello ! Just a little thing I saw today : We can't place curtains on a window, it says that it has to be placed on a free wall... I don't know if it was already mentionned, if it is, sorry :/

Sims can't go to bed when an end table is placed next to the bed. This was tried with the Pacific Peacetime Bed and the Imperious Island End Table.

I have no roommates and clicked the roommates tab in the relationship web. My game crashed. I did this after someone else also did the same thing.

Thanks for making this game happen!

I'm getting this error many times when my sim is in a lot after the update of 15th May . Yesterday got it like 20 times :/
te4XpL0.png

not sure if bug or feature: if, immediately after i have queued an action, while it is floating it's way up to the queue, i immediately click again to queue another action, it will cancel the action i just tried to queue up. if that makes sense.

I posted before but I will post her the paper girl throws papers at the corner of sim and ground jumps I t a glitch also I so (gets on knees ) if you get untied up stop by my property, would love a duck. Madasyn Accardo

I have 2 bugs going on with my lot, one is we have 1 wooden bench that’s cut in half, whenever someone uses it it says it’s been reset and to report the issue. The other one is periodically my lot shows up as closed even though we are in there. I’ve already loaded my spot like 3 times just to find out it’s showing as closed! 15K wasted because no one could get in.

Back