[ARCHIVE] Road to Live Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
4e0980431980eefbcfe057b23404d1b7.gif

Early primitive selection UI. Need to work out a system so the operand editors can be built using discrete components, then we should be good to go for editing.
It's better than I expected. Reminds me of Scratch.

Yep, just casually stealing ideas from my best friends over at MIT. Object data views will go at the right in tracer mode, with buttons for step thru, in, out appearing in the tree table UI itself to save some space. (edith decided to give the step thru buttons their own sidebar for some reason, wasting space)

upload_2015-10-22_1-20-15.png
Operand section mockup (animate sim operand made out of 5 discrete components). Each operand should have its own specifically tailored operand editor built up from these components (and custom ones for more complicated things):
  • Text component for descriptions. See first component in mockup.
  • Dropdown name -> value component. Takes label text, property name to place values into and a Provider object which provides (string, value) tuples for the dropdown box. See 2nd and 3rd components. Providers could be, for example: something returning a static array of values (Play and Wait = 0, x=1...) or returning all strings in the anim table.
  • Flags component. Takes top label text, labels+property names for each flag.
  • Literal value component. Takes label text, property name to place values into, max-min limits.
  • More complex selectors for things like full Variable Scopes.
The operand section above obviously is not functional since it's a mockup. Currently don't have plans for components being disabled by other parts of the operand like a flag, may be part of the provider interface.

4e0980431980eefbcfe057b23404d1b7.gif

Early primitive selection UI. Need to work out a system so the operand editors can be built using discrete components, then we should be good to go for editing.
Oooo COOL! You can fix errors in-game by pointing stuff to the right routines now!?!? Looking forward to playing with that! :D

View attachment 1006
Operand section mockup (animate sim operand made out of 5 discrete components). Each operand should have its own specifically tailored operand editor built up from these components (and custom ones for more complicated things):

You will do all this foreach operand like edith??, there are any primitive that doest not use operand flags or properties??

Some, for example "grab" and "drop" do not have any meaningful data in their operands. All the primitive operand editors will be built using a combination of predefined components, and shouldn't be too hard to set up once it's working.

I just noticed something I haven't noticed before -- when you click a thing to interact with it, the angle at which the sims head in the center of the action prompt seems to move too much, following the mouses motion. It like rotates -so- much. I'm not articulating this well but I know you get it.

My update for today is not as interesting as Rhys but progress none the less. I've implemented the info hover that shows up over land parcels / lots in FreeSO client. That's now working end to end in both original tso and freeso.

I had to make a new type of tooltip as I needed fine grain control of when it hides and when it shows (it hides and starts a new timeout every time you move to a new land parcel. Did not seem like forcing the UI tooltip to give me this control made sense).

ouLLuuJ.jpg

4cN9JT1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back