FreeSO Complete Setup Tool

upload_2016-8-2_1-30-23.png upload_2016-8-2_1-26-31.png
Quick Update:
  • The Beta Testing period has closed. I have taken everyone's suggestions into account with every new feature. Since the suggestions have now stopped I have collected all the information I need and all beta test download links have been disabled.
  • Moving into the first release, there is one tiny update: Added download speed when downloading FreeSO.
Download Link

Small Bug Fixing Update:
  • Fixed a bug where it would try to delete a file from a path that was invalid while installing SLEEK- Launcher.
  • Added a catch to an exception followed by a message box explaining that the SLEEK- Launcher download zip was invalid or corrupt. This most often happens when you lose internet connection in the middle of downloading the file, and the launcher thinks the download was completed.
  • Fixed bug where sometimes you couldn't add FreeSO to all programs or run it using the Post-Installation window even though you already installed it.
Download Link
P.S. SLEEK- Launcher got a very important update fixing many problems and shortcomings the launcher had. Click here to learn more.

screen issue.jpg Hi team,
Attached is an issue where the bottom of the FreeSO screen gets cut off. Is there any way to adjust this?
For reference, I'm using 'OPENGL' mode, and this is the case for both the 'FULLSCREEN' and 'Window - Fullscr.' options. The 'Window - Custom' throws an unhandled exception, and clicking any of the 'DIRECTX' mode options crashes the game. I'm on Windows 10. Any help on this would be appreciated, when you find the time. Thanks.

You can pick a launcher to solve the issue, here are the main ones:

Modern styled:
http://forum.freeso.org/threads/freeso-modern-sims-styled-launcher.1738/

The Sims Online Update Utility LookAlike launcher:
http://forum.freeso.org/threads/freeso-update-utility.1737/
lol Alessandro, he is using SLEEK- Launcher, so redirecting him to the same launcher and another launcher probably won't help much.

@Gouda Kai As for your problem, I will definitely check it out to see if I can recreate the problems you are facing and patch them. Though to be honest, I made this launcher a while ago not knowing really what I was getting into. Knowing more now it might be better for me to go and do a wide scale re-writing of this code since many lines are clunky and primitive. I will take some time off of my ongoing project now (V2PC) to do just this.
Thanks for making me aware of this, and contact me here with any more questions.

lol Alessandro, he is using SLEEK- Launcher, so redirecting him to the same launcher and another launcher probably won't help much.

@Gouda Kai As for your problem, I will definitely check it out to see if I can recreate the problems you are facing and patch them. Though to be honest, I made this launcher a while ago not knowing really what I was getting into. Knowing more now it might be better for me to go and do a wide scale re-writing of this code since many lines are clunky and primitive. I will take some time off of my ongoing project now (V2PC) to do just this.
Thanks for making me aware of this, and contact me here with any more questions.

Thanks JDrocks. No rush, though; I imagine you're busy. Only when you find the time.

Thanks JDrocks. No rush, though; I imagine you're busy. Only when you find the time.
It's no problem at all. I'm happy you brought this problem up. I've been so focused on my actual project (and some sub-projects just for curiosity) that I haven't been keeping up with SLEEK-. I'll push out a patch soon that is more stable, and has more features than the current version.

New Update:
  • Uninstallation of FreeSO now built into the application. It will detect if The Sims Online has a registry entry before letting you uninstall.
  • New Animations make it look stellar.
  • Bug Fixes and Overall Improvements
Download Link
P.S. SLEEK- Launcher got an important update fixing some problems and shortcomings the launcher had, even more so than last time! Click here to learn more.

Hotpatch - 10/11,
  • fixes issue with uninstall button sometimes not enabled
  • added a more specific "Post- Installation Window". Example: When only sleek is installed, it will now say "SLEEK- Launcher was Installed!", or if FreeSO was skipped over it will say "FreeSO wasn't Installed.".
  • Bug Fix: Download info would sometimes overlap detailing both TSO and FreeSO installation info.
@travisrauh(ARIES_OPERATIONS) is being so kind and hosting play.freeso.net, however the download won't updated until later tonight most likely. (play.freeso.net can be found at freeso.org and then clicking "Download FreeSO". This webpage hosts the FreeSO Installer made by JDrocks(me)). However latest changes are always posted at the link below!

Last edited:
for some reason,it stops working on this part:
15578780_1160966350688070_4563419782822487379_n.jpg

Back